Now with Verizon and Sprint both announcing they will soon carry the new Curve 85XX phones will production of the Curve 83XX come to an end?

I mean why carry the "old" Curve when the "new" curve is here right?

I would also imagine that RIM wants to sell the new devices and put the old one to rest.

What you guys think?
    11-06-09 06:08 PM
    If I was gambling, I would say they will keep both for a while then phase out the 83XX.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-06-09 06:34 PM
    If I was gambling, I would say they will keep both for a while then phase out the 83XX.

I also have to agree with this. I'm sure that the 83xx will hang around for a while longer, but I would imagine that it won't be long before it's completly phased out of the lineup... A sad day indeed... However, an 8530 is an awfully tempting upgrade from my 8330!
    11-06-09 06:57 PM
    Well being that this is pure speculation, my thoughts are as more developing countries get cellphones, BlackBerry will be there, and an affordable device would make sense. So yes, for at least a few more years, I can see them continuing production.

:::: the preceding statement was devoid of all necessary information to make a real discerning qualified guess ::::

On this sad day, let's take a moment, and say a prayer for the folks who's lives ended far too soon at Fort Hood

11-06-09 07:02 PM
    is the new curve better or the tour?
    11-06-09 07:08 PM
    IMO I don't think so.
    11-06-09 07:15 PM
    Check out this comparison:

BlackBerry - BlackBerry | Wireless Handheld Devices, Software & Services from Research In Motion (RIM)
    11-06-09 07:40 PM
    The only thing that bothers me with the whole 85XX being better than the 83XX is that the 85XX lacks a camera flash. I know that the 85XX is faster than the 83XX and obviously packs more punch but it just seems incomplete without the camera flash.

But then again I have never used one so who knows maybe the camera is much superior and doesn't need a flash
    11-06-09 08:28 PM
    Yes the 83XX is most likely still in production and will most likely remain in production for a bit longer. The discount carriers will be carrying it as $0 device and as long as corporations are ordering these Blackberrys because they can get it for FREE from their service providers, RIM will still move these devices.
    11-06-09 10:40 PM
    This is the most reliable Blackberry made and most Corps wont move to new tech unless its tried and tested. Why buy new more expensive and unreliable when you can have a cheaper more reliable device! A bit like Microsoft and windows Vista everyone stuck with XP as bells and whistles dont make a decent product!
    11-07-09 06:02 AM
    Not to start any wild rumors, but...I saw two 8330's making out at a club here in Vegas the other night. They way they were looking at each other made me suspect that a new 8330 would be on the way here in the next few months.

That was less disturbing than seeing a Bold hitting on a big screen TV. Out of his league but can just imagine what their kids would look like.

*And now back to your regularly scheduled Crackin'.*
    11-07-09 08:31 AM
    .... it just seems incomplete without the camera flash...

I agree completely..I might be strange...but I refuse to buy a phone without a camera flash. Taking pictures in bars/clubs or just at night in general is just under par without a flash. That's one of the things I like so much about the 8320 i have; even though the color in the pictures might not be that great, if you pop it into photoshop and just auto adjust the color it looks almost as good as a regular digital camera picture. I don't understand why companies put out these updated phone models with a higher resolution camera and then leave the flash off...just doesn't make sense to me.
    11-11-09 05:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD