This is my first post on these forums and I was just wondering what phone would be better for me. Mostly what I use my phones for are texting so I need one with a great keyboard. I'm not sure how the touchscreen on the Storm is and if there have been any problems reported with it.

I was with Sprint before and had a Motorola Q and that phone was horrible. It kinds of looks similar to the Curve, but I'm still sure it's a lot better.

I was just wondering what phone would be better for texting.
    01-31-09 09:14 AM
    well, I've had both the curve 8330 and the storm. I was VERY VERY quick with the curve...and i will say i think on a curve I'm still a bit faster then my Storm. But, then again it all depends on usage. The more you use it, the more you get used to it. On my storm i constantly type faster then anyone with any other Blackberry. I've tested this lol I will beat them typing out the same message on my storm against them on their curve. I think overall the curve is a more reliable device right now, but the storm is growing and growing. If you can deal with a little bit of freezing and battery pulls then go with the storm....Overall the storm is a much better device IMO
    01-31-09 09:52 AM
    Also, id say try the storm first. Get it into your hands on a daily basis. Use it for the 30 days, if its something you honestly do not like, then just pay Verizon's $35 restocking fee and get the curve.
    01-31-09 09:54 AM
    Ya, I guess it's just one of those things that I'll have to think about for a while. I just wasn't sure how the touch screen was on the storm. Are the wrong letters pressed a lot on the touch screen of the Storm?
    01-31-09 10:01 AM
    At first, yes. it took me a few days to get used to it. Also with the storm it is imperative that you keep your left thumb on the left side of the keyboard and right thumb on the right side of the keyboard. That way you will not have any issues thinking your hitting a certain key and getting the one next to it. Right now, unless I'm under certain influences, I type wicked fasted w/out errors.
    01-31-09 10:08 AM
    i just got my storm last week...when i first got it, i had a very hard time typing... i wanted to switch to a curve...but now after a week of typing numerous messages, i'm used to both the full qwerty and the suretype keyboards...

oh and welcome to CB.com
    01-31-09 12:01 PM
    i just got my storm last week...when i first got it, i had a very hard time typing... i wanted to switch to a curve...but now after a week of typing numerous messages, i'm used to both the full qwerty and the suretype keyboards...

oh and welcome to CB.com

I have a storm and my wife has the curve and I do way better with the storm....for one handed typing the curve is probably slightly better. The problem
    I have with curve is the buttons are too close together so I have to correct a lot of mistakes.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-31-09 12:14 PM
    Only issue I had with typing on the storm is getting a good rhythm down. After you get a rhythm, then you can tweak the storm so you can type faster, then re-work getting that rhythm down too.

Until you get your rhythm, sometimes two fingers will try to type at the same time causing the cursor to jump somewhere else in the text you're typing, which can be a tad frustrating.

Once you get used to it though, you can type extremely fast. I don't even look at the keyboard anymore as I type, I just watch the text. Can even make corrections without thinking now too.
    01-31-09 02:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD