Hello all,

I have a Curve 8330 from verizon, and with red being my favorite color, I was considering ordering a red housing set and changing it up a bit. I'm pretty sure its the OEM housing from Sprint. I've never disassembled and reassembled my blackberry before, I'm afraid that I'll potentially damage it. People say that it's relatively simple to change the housing, but would you say it's worth it? I feel that a red curve would look pretty nice, especially since red is my favorite color.
    10-17-08 06:14 PM
    if you feel comfortable, i say go for it!
    10-17-08 06:15 PM
    yeah, i've only had the phone since late july, so i'm a little hesitant since my warranty will be voided, but i can always change the housing back to the verizon housing if i need an exchange for the phone correct?
    10-17-08 06:21 PM
    No. Changing the housing back will not restore your warranty.
    Once it's off your warranty is done.
    10-17-08 06:48 PM
    but no one would know that the housings were changed...
    10-17-08 10:28 PM
    exactly! how would verizon know if I were restore the original housing? they would never know I changed it
    10-18-08 03:38 PM
    Just change it out, took me 15 minutes the first time diassembling it and now maybe 5 minutes or less !!!
    10-20-08 06:19 AM
    cnn.cn has a 3min video on how you disassemble and reassemble. It seems real easy, you may want to check that out and see if you feel comfortable doing it yourself.
    10-20-08 07:38 AM
    It's not hard. My curve is about a month older than yours and I've switched out the housings a few times from it's original titanium. Once my warranty is up in on June 30th if there's no new hardware options from Rogers that I like/can afford I'm sending the original housing off to Beckymae for a new look.
    10-20-08 11:08 AM
    EvJ296, where did you find the red housing form sprint, and does it differ from the GSM versions ??
    10-21-08 11:49 PM
    exactly! how would verizon know if I were restore the original housing? they would never know I changed it

well, I read something about there being a seal on the screen itself, and once that seal is broken i.e. when you take the original cover off, dust is more prone to build up in there... but I'm willing to bet when they take it apart they'll be able to figure out if it's been taken off or not.

personally I'd go for it, red is much nicer than silver.
    10-22-08 12:11 AM
    When you guys say voiding the warranty, are you talking about the RIM warranty, or the monthly $6.99 you pay to Verizon warranty or both?
    10-22-08 12:44 AM
    Both

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-22-08 09:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD