Had the Curve in my pocket last night while dancing. I had tried to do key lock, but it didn't seem to work. Otherwise, the trackball was functional, and I had just made a call. Then I turned the phone off and kept dancing. Yes, it was hot and sweaty. FWIW, I have the silicone back case.

Tried it this morning, and it would not turn on. Pulled the battery and reseated it.
    Phone would come on, but no response from the trackball or keys.

Connected it to my laptop and used DM to update everything. Phone started in Setup mode, but still no response from trackball or keys. Pulled battery, memory card, and carefully warmed it with a hairdryer, mindful of overheating.
    Giving it a little time to rest, then I will try to turn it on again.

Anyone else have a similar experience?
    04-18-10 01:27 PM
    Were you sweating? Since you were dancing, it is safe to assume you were. This usually means you have moisture infiltration into your device. Tips and tricks forum, how to deal with a BlackBerry that's gotten wet. The symptoms you described are classic.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by BergerKing; 04-18-10 at 01:40 PM.
    04-18-10 01:38 PM
    Thanks. Great suggestions. Problem is I will be traveling tomorrow and can't do without the phone. I do have a 8330 backup, so I guess I'll have to pull that one out.
    Probably didn't help that it stayed like that all night. I thought the BB would be more robust.
    I'll try your remedy next week and see if the BB responds.
    04-18-10 02:23 PM
    It will be too late next week but good luck.
    04-18-10 02:27 PM
    I must say that moisture really does seem to be a weekness in an otherwise tough device. I have had many phones over the years and never thought twice about having them in the bathroom while showering, or in a pocket when hot and sweaty. Funny my daughters IPOD doesn't seem to have the same issues.
    04-18-10 05:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD