I have a Blackberry Curve 8330 through US Cellular. I have not even been using it for a year yet.

About a week ago, I started having problems with it. It's not picking up the emails I am getting through my gmail account. I deleted the email account from my phone and then set it back up again, I even changed my password. Last night in the middle of the night, I FINALLY had emails show up that I had received yesterday morning. It used to be that my Blackberry would pick up emails in my gmail before I could even see them in my browser. Now it's not picking up hardly any of them.

Also, the Facebook app seemed to be running really slow. I also deleted that and reinstalled it. It used to pick up on FB notifications very quickly, but now I am lucky if I see them at all.

It frequently gives me the hourglass and it won't go away until I reset it. I have to reset it at LEAST once a day, but usually more. I still have another month left on my contract before I can upgrade and buy a new phone.

I plugged it into my computer and have cleared out the memory card and it says that my software is up to date. I don't know what else to try! Any suggestions?
    01-11-11 07:24 AM
    Go to Options> Security Options> General Setting> Hit Menu> Wipe Handheld.
    MAKE SURE YOU BACK UP YOUR CONTACTS ...ETC THROUGH DM
    01-11-11 08:05 AM
    Thank you! I will give this a try after I have backed up my contacts.

Would you recommend getting a newer Curve model when I can upgrade? Or getting the Blackberry Bold?
    01-11-11 09:35 AM
    Thank you! I will give this a try after I have backed up my contacts.

Would you recommend getting a newer Curve model when I can upgrade? Or getting the Blackberry Bold?
    Whoa! Realize that you will lose all your 3rd party apps, email, themes, settings everything when you wipe your BB. I sounds like a memory issue. There are many articles on how you can improve your memory. You can also install an updated Hybrid OS from BBTweaks.com which will significantly improve your memory and performance. Whatever you do backup all settings with DM, back up all your 3rd party apps with BBSAK, and ensure you have a current OS installed on your PC if you have any problems. Good luck!
    01-11-11 11:30 AM
    The last resort is a wipe. There is a reason for the problem. You will not benefit from the experience unless you find out why it is happening. And most likely even after a wipe chances are good it will happen again.

Like jbarbero suggests, check your file free memory after a battery pull. If your memory is within 12 to 15mb, then ask yourself if the problem started after a recent update or recently installed app. Keep us posted.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-11-11 11:46 AM
    I resent the books or whatever it's called through the email settings and that has helped some...but I am still not getting all my emails from my gmail account.

Any other ideas? I've already deleted the email settings and set them back up for the gmail account a few times now. Doesn't seem to make a difference.
    01-12-11 10:45 AM
    Again I must ask, what's your free memory?
    01-12-11 10:53 AM
    How do I check that?

It seems to be working a little better over the past 24 hours. I can upgrade my phone in a month, so I am going to get a new one I think.
    01-13-11 09:59 AM
    How do I check that?

It seems to be working a little better over the past 24 hours. I can upgrade my phone in a month, so I am going to get a new one I think.
    Options/Status
    01-13-11 10:04 AM
    It says 27065913 bytes.
    01-13-11 10:20 AM
    It says 27065913 bytes.
    That's plenty. Time to upgrade your OS. Go to BBTweaks.com and load the latest 8330 hybrid 5.0 OS.
    01-13-11 12:14 PM
    Do I go to that site from my Blackberry?
    01-13-11 12:38 PM
    Do I go to that site from my Blackberry?
    No. Your PC. There is a tutorial on upgrading your OS from 4.5 to 5.0. Also, all the programs you'll need are in the download except Desktop Manager. Post any questions or concerns your have in the BBTweaks forum. Good luck!
    JB
    01-13-11 01:07 PM
    Thanks! I have the Blackberry Desktop manager on my home computer, so I will give this a try tonight and see what happens! I appreciate the help!
    01-13-11 01:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD