I have a Curve 8330 on Verizon, the phone is only a few months old and for the past couple of weeks i've been having issues with it power cycling itself randomly. It happens a lot, and doesn't seem to matter what i'm doing, the phone will be sitting there on my table and it will power cycle itself. I backed up everything and updated the software, but that didn't solve the problem. Earlier today it power cycled itself and in the process bricked itself, sticking on a screen with an error message. I can't remember exactly which one but I looked up the error code and it involved possibly corrupt OS files. Desktop Manager wouldn't detect it at that point, as it would just sit there with the red indicator light on, ocassionally power cycling itself. I wiped it clean with JL_CMDER and then re-installed the OS with Desktop Manager and restored my backup but i'm still having the power cycling issues, any ideas as to why it's doing this? I've been researching it all day but haven't come up with anything definitive.
    10-13-09 10:44 PM
    Most common culprit is a corrupted memory card.

Take the card out of the BB and see if the problem goes away.

If it is the card, move your files off your cartd. Format the card in your BB, move your files back.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-13-09 10:52 PM
    Will give it a shot and see if that helps, if not i'll drop another post.

Thanks!

-Jason
    10-13-09 10:53 PM
    Okay... taking out the mem card (seems) to have stopped it from randomly power cycling on it's own, although it's still having issues with power cycling. I did some trial and error with different things to see if I could consistently reproduce the effect, and it seems that gently squeezing the phone (And by gently i mean no more than it would have by being in it's sleeve in my pants pocket) causes it to power cycle, so i'm wondering if maybe there's a weak connection or a short inside the phone that is causing it to lose power. Looks like it's more than likely time for a replacement.
    10-14-09 02:27 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD