As I have stated in other threads I am thinking about getting the Curve 8330 but I have a question for you BB users:

My job sends me emails with PDF attachments - can I open and read them? If not, is there something that can be added, perhaps for free??
    04-29-09 11:17 AM
    I have a, 8330 with OS 4.3. I went ahead and downloaded the PDF Reader, Repligo. I cannot view PDFS in email from Blackberry. But can hookup to a PC and download them. It works wonderfully. I f you have 4.5 which is probably standard now, you can read the PDFs from your email. It costs a small fee but it's worth it to me.
    04-29-09 12:17 PM
    If your BlackBerry Attachment Viewer software is installed, you can view most attached file types, including PDF.

Unfortunatly, you can not use Viewer with saved PDF documents.

That is were third party PDF viewers are needed.
    04-29-09 12:22 PM
    Yes! I have an 8330 with os 4.5.0.127 and sent myself a test email with a pdf attachment. It worked beautifully. You can view the pdf or, you can even convert it to text only. I have only had the phone for about 5 days now, and have not installed any apps for that so that worked essentially right out of the box.
    04-29-09 12:26 PM
    Thanks.

I couldn't seem to get a straight answer from anyone. One of the reps for Sprint told me yes, tech support told me "not at this time", the manual said yes.

It was making me crazy!
    04-29-09 01:44 PM
    This is straight from the RIM web site:

BlackBerry - Attachment Services
    04-29-09 02:20 PM
    I have seen that page too....but that applies to the Curve 8330???
    04-29-09 02:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD