Can I use it on any other network...? I've looked and havent found an answer. Maybe Im looking in the wrong place or maybe I am just impatient.

Can I use it on another network? If yes...how do I go about doing it?

Please help
    10-11-09 11:02 PM
    I've heard of them flashing it to MetroPCS and BoostMobile. Other than that, someone else would have to give you ideas.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-11-09 11:04 PM
    Sprint is a cdma phone and the other Major carriers are gsm except for verizon… I don't think Verizon will activate another carriers phone. Small cdma carriers that may or may not have all the features the bb can use...
    10-11-09 11:09 PM
    Sprint is a cdma phone and the other Major carriers are gsm except for verizon� I don't think Verizon will activate another carriers phone. Small cdma carriers that may or may not have all the features the bb can use...
    if its world phone i think you can but not sure
    10-11-09 11:12 PM
    World phone is a 8800 series not 8300 series.
    10-11-09 11:19 PM
    the 8830 can't be used on a US GSM carrier, only international GSM Carriers.

If its made for Verizon or Sprint, the only ones who will allow you to use it in the US (besides the carrier it is branded for) no questions asked are Boost, MetroPCS and maybe Cricket. There are some ways to get a non-branded phone onto a carrier but it takes knowing someone who works for the company to add it to a database. 99% of employees are not willing to do this.
    10-11-09 11:23 PM
    World phone is a 8800 series not 8300 series.
    thought all the vzw were world phones
    my bad
    10-11-09 11:35 PM
    the Tour, Storm/Storm 2 and 8830 on Verizon are world phones. I think that's it for VZW world capable BB's right now.
    10-11-09 11:40 PM
    Doesn't the Verizon 8330 use a SIM card? I know Sprint does not. Not even sure if that has an impact on compatibility.

And, like others said, most employees will tell you no, flat out. No matter whether it is possible or not. They want you to buy a phone from them. Some can be persuaded, but most are simply unwilling to do so.
    10-12-09 12:11 AM
    Verizon doesnt use SIMS on any of their phones...
    10-12-09 02:07 AM
    You can have a sprint & Verizon or any other CDMA phone flashed and it can be used on Cricket. This I know 100% but it would have to be a CDMA carrier and also your larger company's Sprint & Verizon will not allow you to use a non carrier specific phone. Meaning you can not flash a sprint phone and take it to Verizon and have it activated. Yes it will work the just won't do it.
    10-12-09 02:16 AM
    Verizon doesnt use SIMS on any of their phones...
    Uh yeah they do. The world capable phones (there aren't a ton but there are a few) have slots for sim cards. How else would they work internationally since like 80% of the world uses GSM technology for their cell phone service?
    10-12-09 11:41 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD