I read the other posts about the same problem but mine is doing all of them.. I have had 3 curves now due to others completely messed up within 1 week of getting them new. My problem is that my media card i put into this curve has worked fine for 8 months and then it started saying "media card inserted has errors on it" the music ringtones would sound crazy when they went off and the camera storage would automatically keep resetting to save in device memory after i change it to memory card. finaly today it completely stop seeing the data on the card and reset everything to default. I can see the data on my pc but i cant open it. now it's saying it's missing or corrupted data.. did the blackberry destroy my pics and vids? and how do i stop this?
    06-14-09 08:04 PM
    Try copying your media files to your PC.

Then go to Options/Media Card press menu and select Format Card.

Then move the files a few at a time back to the card until you figure which is corrupt.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-14-09 08:09 PM
    In case you don't know how to move media files to and from the BB/PC.

On your BB go to Options/Media Card and set to these settings:

Media Card Support - On
    Encryption Mode - None
    Mass Storage Mode Support - On
    Auto Enable Mass Storage Mode When Connected - Yes

Then press menu and select Format Card, this will name the card BlackBerry and create your media folders.

If you have mass storage mode turned on and you plug your BB into your PC, the PC will see it as a mass storage device and you can drag n drop media files from the PC straight to the specified folders on the media card or from the card to the PC without the use of Desktop Manager (DM) or Media Manager.

When you connect your BB to your PC, click Start/My Computer or Computer and you should see the BlackBerry then double click on it and you'll see the folders and start dragin n dropin.

06-14-09 08:11 PM
    does anyone know if a PNY memory card works with a curve? Its saying it can not be read and formatting failed.
    06-14-09 08:13 PM
    i have done that and luckily i have most of these files backed up on my other pc but there are alot of pics and vid that i had not gotten to back up.. is it possible the actual media card im useing can cause this or is it an error in the blackberry itself? I have had this same thing happen several times on diff memory cards. every time i plug the phone into any charger it would reset the ringers for mms and sms and phone.
    Last edited by evillulu; 06-14-09 at 08:37 PM. Reason: missed info
    06-14-09 08:35 PM
    does anyone know if a PNY memory card works with a curve? Its saying it can not be read and formatting failed.
    I run a 8 GB PNY in my curve and it works fine....
    06-14-09 08:35 PM
    i have done that and luckily i have most of these files backed up on my other pc but there are alot of pics and vid that i had not gotten to back up.. is it possible the actual media card im useing can cause this or is it an error in the blackberry itself? I have had this same thing happen several times on diff memory cards. every time i plug the phone into any charger it would reset the ringers for mms and sms and phone.
    It is probably the card.

Try and backup as many of your files as you can then format the card.

06-14-09 09:02 PM
    It is probably the card.

Try and backup as many of your files as you can then format the card.

ok i have done that b4 2 times and this is my 3rd time. It only fixes it for a short period. If it makes any difference the phone freezes and the screen goes black for short intervals... maybe a software issue?
    06-14-09 09:13 PM
    Ok, I must have missed where you said you've already formatted the card.

What OS version are you running?

Options/About third line down.

06-14-09 09:25 PM
    You could try wiping with JL Cmder and reload the OS.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...l_cmder-53502/

06-14-09 09:27 PM
    Maybe it's time to buy a new media card?
    06-14-09 09:31 PM
    hmmm i think this being the 3rd different one i have used it may be the brand sandisk. but I have tried everything I could figure out and have pretty good troubleshooting skills. The fact that this is the 3rd one I have had due to many OS issues that they came with new..I figured this has to be something else since I have had it for about a year now. This curve is the pink one and I was told the day I ordered it that it was just released for sale that day. Then having so many bad phones I am not to sure they just dont have alot of issues that arent worked out yet.
    06-15-09 09:24 AM
    I have been experimenting a lot lately and I have noticed one way to get the memory card to report errors rather easily.

Delete a directory that is full of files and sub directories. It seems deleting the top level directory makes the BB think it is gone, but then reports errors.

I put the card in my PC via USB adapter and find the directory is still there. Once I delete it, the card recovers.

I suspect maybe there is a problem with their delete method when dealing with large sub directories.
    06-15-09 10:19 AM
    Mine is doing the same thing! I don't know what is going on!
    06-17-09 06:45 PM
    ok i formatted the card again and i am having crazy stuff now. the camera freezes and i set a pic i took with the phone as my background and it froze it and messed up the pic on the screen. YUP I am lost now.
    06-17-09 11:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD