This is happening on my wife's phone. We both got new Verizon BB Curve 8330's around the same time. Mine's doing fine. Both have 4.5.0.77 OS.

She's had to do a battery pull 5-6 times for different reasons. One, her lock button (not sure of the correct term) the one on the top would not work unless she did a BP. She's had that happen several times. This past time, the backlight was staying on 24-7 even though it was only set for 30sec. It zapped her battery within a day. She did a BP and it started operating correctly. With them being so new, should we take it back to Verizon? try to reload the OS? Other ideas?
    04-01-09 08:25 PM
    Less than 30 days they can replace it in a store. Has your wife installed any third party applications that you have not? You can sync the device, wipe it, and sync it again. I would not do a back up, for if it is a corrupt OS, you will just bring it back
    04-01-09 08:29 PM
    You can try to wipe and reload the OS but honestly with those problems I'd give Verizon a call. They'll probably send a replacement.
    04-01-09 08:30 PM
    I think you may have a corrupt OS or at least a corrupt file somewhere. If your not comfortable re-installing the OS I would return it for an exchange.
    04-01-09 08:32 PM
    Its the same as it was out of the box. She hasn't even changed the theme yet. We'll probably take it back to Verizon this weekend and see if they'll do an exchange. Thanks for the help.
    04-01-09 08:33 PM
    Its the same as it was out of the box. She hasn't even changed the theme yet. We'll probably take it back to Verizon this weekend and see if they'll do an exchange. Thanks for the help.
    In that case - you are doing the right thing, I believe..... Good luck.
    04-01-09 08:34 PM
    I would try a wipe, without the OS reload. this might just fix it.
    04-01-09 08:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD