Hey,

I've had my Curve for just under 2 years and about a week ago it just stopped working. I was out with some friends when I happened to glance at my phone and noticed that the LED was glowing a solid white color. The LED was white for about 10 seconds then went out. After this the phone would not turn back on and the LED was a solid red color.

I figured my battery must be dead so I put it on the charger when I got home. After charging for hours I tried to turn it back on, with no luck. The LED was still solid red and would remain this way for hours. After some initial research, I decided to try and reload to OS. By this time, the LED light was flashing 4 times, pausing briefly, then flashing 4 times again, over and over. I searched the internet for some help and came across many people with the same problem I was having and some solutions others had discovered. I thought all my problems would soon be over.

I followed some of the guides others had posted about reloading the OS user the App Loader application. I got past the step of selecting the components I wanted to installed and clicked Next. The process started to work, but when it got to the "Intializing Phone" step it would return an error saying it could not detect the device. The whole time I was going through this process the USB connect/disconnect sounds were playing over and over again.

I continued to research and found out that the BlackBerry was actually in some kind of constant reboot cycle. That it why the USB sounds were playing repeatedly. I assume this is why the computer could not detect the device long enough to finish the installation process.

So this is basically where I am now. I got pretty frustrated with the whole scenario and left it for a few days. I picked my phone up yesterday and tried to turn it on. Initially there was no sign of life from the LED. I held the power button and the BlackBerry LED began to blink twice then pause, blink twice, pause, etc.

I would realy rather not have to pay another couple of hundred dollars for a phone but I can't go without a phone much longer. I am confident that I can get to the same error I did before, but can not get past that point.

Could someone please help me with this issue? Any help would be GREATLY appreciated and I'm willing to provide more detailed information if it will help, just let me know what you need! Thanks in advance.

Some more info on what I've tried:
    - App loader (gets to the step "Waiting for device initialization" then errors)
    - Desktop Manager (same as above)
    - Jl_cmder (can not connect to device)
    - Multiple batteries
    - Multiple USB cables
    - USB ports on front and back of PC

- Luke
    Last edited by Xavarir; 01-24-11 at 08:22 AM.
    01-24-11 08:19 AM
    I have read that 4 flashes and a pause is an indicator of hardware failure. For your sake I hope I am wrong. If it is hardware failure there isn't much you can do but get it repaired. Which will possibly cost more than replacing it.
    Sorry for your troubles.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-24-11 08:43 AM
    Have you tried these steps?
    http://crackberry.com/blackberry-101...ked-blackberry
    It is VERY specific on what to do as you are connecting (USB) the Blackberry. Please read carefully.
    01-24-11 08:57 AM
    I've followed those steps many, many times. I run into the same problem each time. On the "Updating your device" window, it gets to the second step, "Wait for device initialization", and fails. After about 5 mins or so it returns an error message saying that it could connect to the device.

I've been all over the internet looking for a solution and have yet to find something that works.
    01-24-11 09:06 AM
    It does seem like it's possibly a hardware problem. Have you tried a different battery?
    01-24-11 09:34 AM
    I have tried the battery from another Curve as well as a battery from an older Pearl. Neither one made a difference.
    01-24-11 09:39 AM
    Did wipe your BB before loading the OS? Maybe it needs a fresh start. Use BBSAK, wipe OS then reload OS.
    01-24-11 11:39 AM
    I tried using the Jl_cmder application to wipe to BB. Is the BBSAK something different?
    01-24-11 12:10 PM
    I tried using the Jl_cmder application to wipe to BB. Is the BBSAK something different?
    I've had more success with BBSAK. You can download it at BlackBerry Swiss Army Knife or at BBTweaks.com. When you hook up your BB, if it says no device detected, try wipe OS anyway. Immediately try Load OS. If that doesn't work you can try to run loader.exe. This is all assuming that you have downloaded the latest OS for your BB. If loader.exe doesn't work, open DM and it will load your OS for sure. Good luck!
    JB
    01-24-11 12:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD