my only complaint is that no matter how hard I try, I can't get my curve to cook me dinner
    07-14-08 08:20 AM
    WiFi, even though I don't really need it due to EVDO. I just like having options.

I never really used MMS, even with my old flips but I guess it would be kind of cool to have.
    07-14-08 08:23 AM
    I'd like WiFi, Better browser, MMS (sprint), wirelessly sync contacts
    07-14-08 08:29 AM
    My only dislike with the 8330 on Telus is the fact that your sent messages are gone for good once you send them unless you keep them in the same folder as your received emails.
    Not true, click on e-mail or sms text and hit menu. View folders and you should have something called sms outbox. There are all of the text messages you have sent. Try it.

I can't believe nobody's mentioned the location of the memory card... Sucks that you have to pull the battery for micro sd access.
    Agreed, I was expecting to be able to pull it from the side or the top. Everytime I want to search the mem card, I have pull out the battery and miss calls and messages and whatnot for that instant as the rebooting takes likes 3 minutes. Those are precious minutes.

are you serious.......touch screens aren't that great......I have an iPod Touch and its manageable but nothing great...iPhones are the same way, and I tried the Instinct while I was waiting to upgrade to my curve and honestly....its not great.....BB's actual QWERTY Keyboard does the best job
    Agreed, touch screens require precision and care. What do you think will happen if your screen breaks? You won't be even be able to make a phone call because you cannot dial the numbers on a broken screen. Touch screen cannot work with me because my fingers are not pencil like, I would take too much patience not to press two keys at a time. I have a hard time as it is with my BB and it has buttons, so touch screen would not work for me.

What I dislike about my berry:

1. When using as a modem and getting a phone call, I get a connection lag because it cannot do both things efficiently so it defeats the purpose of dual function.

2. The brower is not on all of the time, and sometimes I get the "delete" message for my e-mail instead of "delete from handheld and inbox" as if it were not connected to the net for that moment.

3. Having to pull out the battery to gain access to the MicroSD card.

4. The keyboard buttons are a little too close to each other and I end up pressing two buttons at a time most of the time.

5. As a business tool, it should include a mini version of Microsoft Office, why the need to download about 10 applications just to make it fit your purpose?

6. Having to search into folders to get to a sent message, real phone log, etc.

7. The way the call log is designed. You have to go into phone call log folder in order to look at the time and duration of the call.

I've only had mine for about 3 weeks now, so I am bound to find other disappointments.
    Last edited by Morenina; 07-14-08 at 09:13 AM.
    07-14-08 08:55 AM
    No Wi-Fi (verizon)
    No GPS (verizon)
    battery seems to drain fairly quickly

and I wish it had a gig of working memory, you'd never have to worry about apps or low memory again
    07-14-08 09:23 AM
    Everytime I want to search the mem card, I have pull out the battery and miss calls and messages and whatnot for that instant as the rebooting takes likes 3 minutes. Those are precious minutes.
    No you don't, just hook your phone to your computer, click mass storage mode and bam, full access to your memory card.
    07-14-08 09:26 AM
    Other than not being able to change the color of my trackball, which is very trivial. The Curve is serving me well.
    07-14-08 09:28 AM
    I am having problem with media manager and it says that its not connected when in fact it is connected.

when I go to computer, it does not show my card there for me to click on it.

I have to take it out of the phone and stick it in the usb reader in order for me to access the stuff inside.

It all happened when I returned my orginal BB because it kept rebooting by itself, so the media manager does not recognize my BB's stuff anymore.

I've tried everything, from:

1. Unistalling, reinstalling media manager
    2. Removing info from the registry and do a clean installation
    3. Download the newest version of media manager.

No luck!!
    07-14-08 09:29 AM
    The only thing I dislike it the battery life.
    07-14-08 09:37 AM
    i wouldn't necessarily call these dislikes but i miss the KB shorcuts on my pearl. You know......Hold # to change to a vibrate profile, hold * to lock KB, etc.

Other than that I absolutely love the curve.
    07-14-08 10:31 AM
    What's the difference between MMS and SMS?
    07-14-08 06:54 PM
    What's the difference between MMS and SMS?

MMS = Pics
    SMS = Texts
    07-14-08 07:00 PM
    I can't believe nobody's mentioned the location of the memory card... Sucks that you have to pull the battery for micro sd access.
    I agree with this one.
    07-14-08 07:12 PM
    No dislikes, I love the Curve.
    07-14-08 07:14 PM
    Well probably custom ringtones that worked for texts as well. But that's a general Berry problem. I think someone could make an app to do that though....idk guess we will see.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-14-08 09:47 PM
    I wish vzw would unlock gps and I wish the 8330 shipped with wifi. But other than those two things, I couldn't be happier.

07-14-08 10:52 PM
    Definitely needs WiFi

07-14-08 11:10 PM
    Well probably custom ringtones that worked for texts as well. But that's a general Berry problem. I think someone could make an app to do that though....idk guess we will see.

Not a problem for any berry actually. Profiles>advanced>edit.

07-14-08 11:17 PM
    definately mms
    07-14-08 11:25 PM
    Really the only complaint is lack of MMS but that would have been true if I opted for the Treo I was looking at too.
    07-14-08 11:31 PM
    I came from Treo, so touch screen would be one. (I know its coming).

I don't have a BES (single user), so I would like an affordable wireless sync to my Outlook 2007 Calendar and Contacts.
    I love that it doesn't have a touch screen. After having my Mogul and Instinct I got so sick of my cheek hitting "buttons" while on a call.
    07-14-08 11:33 PM
    Had a 3 year old 7250 that I loved and it was dead reliable, but Verizon no longer offers a model with the trackwheel...

My Curve is harder to hold, more difficult to type on, and I detest the trackball. It feels so flimsy I'm afraid it's going to break and my device isn't even a month old now.
    07-15-08 05:29 AM
    I have no dislikes, but I would love the addition of WiFi
    07-15-08 06:15 AM
    Lack of memory and processing power. The Bold will be able to quench my thirst for these things
    Last edited by OPTiK; 07-15-08 at 07:43 AM.
    07-15-08 07:41 AM
49 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD