I've been reading from all types of forums and none of the so called solutions have helped me. I am a noob to BB but I can download software. For the life of me I cannot get my Curve to connect to the BB Desktop Manager. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the software many times but to no avail. I have selected none on the options and still nothing. I do not see my device listed in the device manager and nothing in the USB supports. I do see a RIM driver on COM 12 and 13. One other thing to note, when I plug my BB to the USB cable I see the charging icon appear for about 3 seconds then it disappears.

Please help me!!!!!!!!!
    02-03-09 12:14 PM
    Have you tried downloading the blackberry drivers from the blackberry website.
    Also try taking out the battery, and plugging the phone up with battery out then putting the battery in.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-03-09 12:21 PM
    Yup, Done both, no luck This might be a stupid question, but could it be my USB cord? How can I check that.
    02-03-09 01:11 PM
    My wifes phone did the same thing the other day. It was the cable. I have extras as I have a BB also and I used my calbe it worked fine. Need to get another cable to test this.
    02-03-09 01:20 PM
    I'll try to find one here at work and give it a try.
    02-03-09 01:26 PM
    The USB cords fail and your actual USB connections can get loose and give you poor connections after slamming flash drives and such in and out over time. The bb USB seems to be prone to failure too. Using a charging pod can help extend its life.
    02-03-09 01:54 PM
    Yea I would say if the charging icon disappears shortly after you plug it in, you have a bad connection
    02-03-09 03:06 PM
    I've been reading from all types of forums and none of the so called solutions have helped me. I am a noob to BB but I can download software. For the life of me I cannot get my Curve to connect to the BB Desktop Manager. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the software many times but to no avail. I have selected none on the options and still nothing. I do not see my device listed in the device manager and nothing in the USB supports. I do see a RIM driver on COM 12 and 13. One other thing to note, when I plug my BB to the USB cable I see the charging icon appear for about 3 seconds then it disappears.

Please help me!!!!!!!!!
    A good solution might be to call your carrier & let the service techs guide you thru it...because if it still doesn't work after that it might be a gliche on your BB & you might need them to replace it for you.
    02-03-09 07:19 PM
    A good solution might be to call your carrier & let the service techs guide you thru it...because if it still doesn't work after that it might be a gliche on your BB & you might need them to replace it for you.
    Well I tested it again with a new USB cable and it does the same thing. No detection and the charging icon disappears after about 5 seconds. Jeez!!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-04-09 10:15 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD