Hi,

I know this subject was touched upon before, but I did not see any posts that resolved this issue (and the OS the user was using was a beta whereas mine is not)

The problem: The phone keeps showing the hourglass symbol, and freezes and hangs up for 1-2 seconds every 3 seconds.

My facebook messages are now not coming through anymore, and my email is not coming through anymore.

I am currently sitting at 65% battery life. I charged the battery over night, ran some errands for an hour (left the phone at home) and came home to 35% gone?

This just started happening yesterday, I wish I knew exactly when... sometime after waking up (having left the phone on charge) but it seems to be getting worse...

VERIZON Curve 8330
    FILE FREE: 37524707
    FILE TOTAL: 83623936
    V4.3.0.127
    NETWORK SIGNAL - STRONG
    10-29-08 09:49 AM
    Try uninstalling facebook, and see what happens
    10-29-08 09:52 AM
    Should I do that through Desktop Manager or the phone? The "delete" option in desktop manager is grey'd out.

I did a quick google search to explain that (as I'm a complete newbie at this) but came up empty.
    10-29-08 10:01 AM
    Options, applications, find the facebook one, and menu>delete then it will ask you if you want to restart, yes.

It MAY be the cause of the issue, its a known problem of late, process of elimination here
    10-29-08 10:02 AM
    25 new emails just came through. You are a saint!
    10-29-08 10:13 AM
    LOL ty

Facebook has been giving people ALOT of issues of late, so I figured hmmmmm.... perhaps..
    10-29-08 10:17 AM
    This was very helpful. I was having the same problem. Worked like a charm.
    10-29-08 05:52 PM
    ya the facebook app that comes on the phone is junk. if you want facebook app browse to facebook.com on your mobile phone and it should automatically load the mobile facebook site

then scroll all the way to the bottom and it will say something like get facebook app now or something just get that one it works great

the one that came on my 8330 used to get the hour glass and exactly what yours was doing
    10-29-08 08:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD