Hello all...

Ive had my 8330 Curve with Verizon for a while now...It has been through alot and is still ticking...I was considering getting a new phone, however I decided I want to wait until something new comes out that sparks my interest. So, I decided to do a bit of maintenence on my phone...

I recently ordered a complete housing set, new trackball, screen cover, etc. This will restored my phone back to a better than OEM condition aesthetically.

The challenge now is to return my phone back to OEM performance, or greater than OEM if possible. The internet has become ridiculously slow, as well as just standard lag across the entire phone.

I asked at one point about an OS upgrade for my phone (4.5.0.77 Platform 3.2.0.51) and was told that Verizon has trouble with some upgrades.

How can I clean out my phone to restore its performance to the best I can get? Are there any upgrades that will help?

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide to give new life to my Curve
    09-30-09 10:34 AM
    Theres a couple of good hybrids out there, that may work good for you. And I installed the new 5.0 leak on mine and I havent really had any issues with it.
    09-30-09 11:25 AM
    Have you done all the standard memory cleaning? I.E. clear the web cache, clear the event log (alt + LGLG), delete old emails, texts?

If you haven't, these steps will help "spruce" it up a little.
    09-30-09 11:43 AM
    Thanks for the input guys! My stuff from cnn.cn came the other day and today I will be installing it...so Im going through cleaning up the phone today

So far Ive got...

Clear Web Cache
    Clear Event log
    Clear Old Text\Email etc
    Move any files on phone to media card

@gamy2121 (or anyone else that will know)

Which operating system has the most success for my version+carrier of the curve? I would really like to upgrade OS if I can, seems beneficial..

Again, thanks for the help!
    10-05-09 10:29 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD