Does anyone have a link or possibly be kind enough to upload their curve 8330 service books? a while back i installed the shangmail service books and that enabled me to use the BB browser without a data plan, but after wiping my phone and reinstalling the service books it only enabled email use, and does not allow me to use BB browser at all... I know it worked in the past, but can't seem to figure it out now, so hopefully someone can help me out here.
    12-28-10 12:38 PM
    Does anyone have a link or possibly be kind enough to upload their curve 8330 service books? a while back i installed the shangmail service books and that enabled me to use the BB browser without a data plan, but after wiping my phone and reinstalling the service books it only enabled email use, and does not allow me to use BB browser at all... I know it worked in the past, but can't seem to figure it out now, so hopefully someone can help me out here.
    Do you have personal email which means you have BIS? If you do just lok in and resend your service books from there to your phone.
    12-28-10 03:16 PM
    I have BB social through bell, so i only have social networking (MSN, FB BBM etc) no email, i installed shangmail and it's service books to enable email without BIS.
    12-28-10 04:51 PM
    you need to have a data plan, in this case for personal use BIS, in order for the native browser to work.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-28-10 04:58 PM
    as i stated above, this has worked before without a data plan.
    12-28-10 05:46 PM
    Maybe you are looking for is the Anworm service books, to use the native browser. AFAIK Shangmail does not have service books. If that is what you need, PM me an email and I will send them to you.
    12-28-10 06:34 PM
    as i stated above, this has worked before without a data plan.
    I reread your original post and still stand behind what my answer was. I DO beleive you when you said it worked although I don't know how since you DO have to have a BIS data plan in your case with personal email. That is the only was the native browser will work.

You can try and install a 3rd party browser to see if this will work so I wish you luck but think that if you do have a BIS and it sounds not, you should try and resend them but I suppose you don't since you are asking us to upload service books. Good luck.
    12-28-10 06:47 PM
    Maybe you are looking for is the Anworm service books, to use the native browser. AFAIK Shangmail does not have service books. If that is what you need, PM me an email and I will send them to you.
    those are the service books i installed i believe.
    12-28-10 06:56 PM
    Hello,
    I think I am in the same boat. I bought a sprint curve 8330 to put on my boost account. However I can't do anything except make calls - please help this newbie.

Thanks
    Ty
    12-29-10 10:13 AM
    Hello,
    I think I am in the same boat. I bought a sprint curve 8330 to put on my boost account. However I can't do anything except make calls - please help this newbie.

Thanks
    Ty
    Ty, do you have a data plan? If not, you will need one to be able to use bbm, emai and the bb native browser on your 8330.
    12-29-10 12:01 PM
    Hello,

Thanks
    Ty
    Go here to find what you need to get data and MMS working on Boost Mobile.
    12-29-10 03:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD