i just got my phone on friday and love it, but my battery does not last a full day. in my school i dont get a whole lot of service so i turn of all connections and leave it on stand by mode. still, by the end of the day it is dead. is it something im doing or do i have a bad battery? thanks in advance
    03-31-09 10:02 PM
    Sounds like your battery is no good. Try taking it back and see if you can get a new battery.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-31-09 10:12 PM
    Yeah I'd return that battery also...
    03-31-09 10:24 PM
    josho5859... Make sure you are closing out apps correctly. while in a app hit menu> close. Alt & the back button held down together will show you the running apps. However I agree, sounds like a bad battery.
    03-31-09 10:25 PM
    Sounds like your battery is no good. Try taking it back and see if you can get a new battery.

Looking for advice from rabid bb users? I have a storm, new user to bb. Don't think I like it! Touch screen, sticking keys, dropped calls, hard to hear callers sometimes, etc. What advice would you give to a novice about choices - a Curve 8330 (only choice from Verizon, would prefer a Bold) or keep the Storm & learn to cope. I am still within the 30 day trial period so, can still trade for the Curve 8330.
    03-31-09 10:26 PM
    Even though you are on the wrong thread and just hi-jacked the topic here, I'll answer your question because I went through the same phase.

I had the Storm from TELUS too, kept it for too long and sold it after 5 weeks. Switched to Rogers and picked up a 8900 right after. I absolutely LOVED the phone in every way, especially coming from a previous Storm user. Although, the carrier is a complete rip-off and ridiculous, so I couldn't stay with the godly 8900 and backed out of the contract. I went back to TELUS and finally grabbed the 8330.

That was the best decision I had ever made. I did however make the biggest mistake before that by getting the Storm in the first place instead of the Curve. Bottom line is, regardless of what your needs are, I don't think the Storm is what BB's are known for, so stay away from this trial-run and silly craze about it. Get the Curve 8330. Verizon and all other CDMA cairrers are currently handicaped with their BB lineup, so the Curve is the best option. It's excellent still, despite it being "old". Or, if you could wait for the 9630 or the rumored 8930, then go from there. I tell you though, save some time and stress now and return that piece of disaster device.

03-31-09 11:10 PM
    I have a 8330 also. I have the exact same problem. My battery is always dead by the end of the day! Its anoying.. I always turn of all apps properly checking the alt+back too. I guess I have no other choise then to get a new battery

04-01-09 12:14 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD