its been off before but just recently i cant get the darn thing to budge. i have tried a butter knife,screwdriver,coins. the back off the phone is scratched to heck but i still cant get it to budge. any help here? i want to put a hybrid OS on phone but i need to get battery out to reboot new system since it should be a physical pull and not a "Quick pull".

i feel as though im gonna break the phone. its on there good.
    03-17-10 02:56 PM
    did someone glue it on when you werent looking? if you cant get it off, a "soft"pull should be fine if you plan on wiping it anyway.
    03-17-10 03:16 PM
    I'd try cleaning it real good. Get some WD-40 and a razor blade and try to get in it the lines around the back cover. Idk how you handle your phone but it seems it may be dirty and won't slide up. If all else fails just go to town on it and order a new back cover. =) or if you're up to it get some paint for model cars and paint the back cover a new color. I've been wanting to take my curve apart and hit it with a metallic blue =) just been lazy.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-17-10 03:16 PM
    my wife is hard on her phones, so my guess is she spilled something on it (coffee), and that thing is just cemented on.you can feel the ridge on top that its not flush when pushing it up, it just wont go up...gggrrrrrrr.
    03-17-10 03:47 PM
    Try getting a tiny screw driver and prying the top part up slightly where the 2 slots are for the speaker. Try to pry that up then try to slide the cover up. =)

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-17-10 03:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD