Ok, so I have had my new Curve 8320 for about a week now and I have noticed a small problem. My Y key sometimes will not work the first and sometimes second time that I press it. After it has not worked and then I get it to work, it will work every time for almost all day. If I don't use my phone for awhile (don't know exactly how long it takes but several hours and for sure overnight) then it will happen again.

So, my question is, has anyone else had this problem and/or do you think that I should return it and get another one (I am still within the 14 day remorse period and would receive a brand new phone if I returned it, after the 14 day, it would be a refurb)?

I have tried a battery pull, several times and it did not work. I am not having any other problems with the phone, just the Y key.

What do you think?
    05-03-08 06:25 PM
    If it was mine and in the free return period, I would return it. Something is intermittently blocking the key. It could be a flake of plastic that you could blow out with compressed air, if the phone was out of warranty. Since you can return it, why take the chance? This first problem may be indicative of other problems or latent defects that will show up too late.
    05-03-08 06:57 PM
    Kinda my thoughts too, as I wrote the post. I think that I might just have to return it. Thanks for your input.
    05-03-08 07:08 PM
    Yes, my J button did that and I returned it within the 14 day period and I got a new one. Don't try to live with it. It will drive you mad.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-04-08 02:23 AM
    I was gonna return it today, but I woke up sick, so tomorrow I am returning it. Sucks being sick, especially since I was supposed to go to the lake for the week. Hope to get to go tomorrow though. Miss my boat and fishing, almost as bad as I missed my Curve when I didn't have it anymore.
    05-04-08 04:18 PM
    If you have a computer and a printer, you can go to ups.com and register and create a shipment. Here is TMO's return address.

Put in your shipping address for the from info then click next then put TMO's info:

National Return Center (put in company line) don't put T-Mobile on it
    210 Wiley Road
    La Grange, GA 30240

Use UPS Ground. Your own packaging and than put the weight and the measurements of your package. It's not more than 2 pounds.

Then you put in your debit or CC info for the postage.

Then the label comes up and you print it. On the label there is a tracking number. Call TMO and give them the tracking number and let them know it is defective, they will ship out your new Curve that day. You do not have to wait for them to receive yours back to order the new one.

Tape the label on your package and drop off at a UPS or you can click on pick up and have them come and pick it up since you are sick. TMO credited me $10.00 for shipping to my account.

Get better soon!
    05-04-08 04:33 PM
    Oh, I forgot to ask if you bought it at a store or through c/s.. If you bought it at a store than you don't need to do any of that by mail. But, if you bought it through C/S than that is what you would do.
    05-04-08 04:35 PM
    Thanks, yes, I bought it at the store. I used to work for T-Mobile in customer care and they are really good at crediting for shipping in cases like this. I have to say that T-Mobile has the best customer service in the biz, IMHO.
    05-05-08 06:08 AM
    I did return my phone to the store today. The sales person was a bit of a **** about it, but it is done. New phone seems to be working well.
    05-06-08 02:00 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD