FAWK. when is this coming out?!?!
    10-08-08 09:42 PM
    Ok, this is just getting crazy.

I am getting a 8310 from AT&T for work so I can't hold out any longer. I just really hope that the 8320 comes out while I can still return it.

What could be holding the device up? It can't be network issues unless AT&T doesn't want it to launch without fixing the problems they may or may not have with Starbucks Hotpoints?

Or could it be a 4.5 issue since at least the original press was it was going to launch with 4.5?

It seems that weeks ago some stores already got floor models yet we haven't heard a peep from anyone since the last week September launch window came and went...
    10-09-08 10:30 AM
    Ok, this is just getting crazy.

I am getting a 8310 from AT&T for work so I can't hold out any longer. I just really hope that the 8320 comes out while I can still return it.

What could be holding the device up? It can't be network issues unless AT&T doesn't want it to launch without fixing the problems they may or may not have with Starbucks Hotpoints?

Or could it be a 4.5 issue since at least the original press was it was going to launch with 4.5?

It seems that weeks ago some stores already got floor models yet we haven't heard a peep from anyone since the last week September launch window came and went...
    Just want to update with what little info I have. First, they won't sell it untill they can support it. On the up side I've found at least 2 new KB articals for the 8320 and on tuesday when a rep from RIM was there to give us info on the Bold we got 2 job aids on the 8320. We also had training on some wifi updates they are rolling out on the 13th and while the trainer wouldn't confirm she thinks they are holding it off 'till they are ready to push this new wifi set up.
    10-09-08 11:54 AM
    Just want to update with what little info I have. First, they won't sell it untill they can support it. On the up side I've found at least 2 new KB articals for the 8320 and on tuesday when a rep from RIM was there to give us info on the Bold we got 2 job aids on the 8320. We also had training on some wifi updates they are rolling out on the 13th and while the trainer wouldn't confirm she thinks they are holding it off 'till they are ready to push this new wifi set up.
    Thanks for the info, that is great stuff to know.

It seems that a somewhat dated AT&T doc (Sep 17) on BGR has a release date of October 21 which would seem to fit with the time frame you are talking about as well.

(sorry it won't let me link yet since I am new!)
    10-09-08 02:22 PM
54 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD