I have a simple question. The newest BBOS for the Tmobile Curve is 4.2.2.180 on the Tmobile website, there are even newer versions of 4.2 and Im assuming even 4.3 has a final build as well. So, my question is if its possible if I can update my Curve beyond 4.2.2.180 AND still have UMA work for me. Is this possible? If so, whats the most recent final build that UMA works under. Any advice would be appreciated. I looked briefly but couldnt find this question specifically answered on here.

Thanks
    06-03-08 05:37 PM
    I would not recommend installing any of the beta versions of 4.3 or 4.5 that are out there. More often than not when someone does, they run into problems. There is a newer version of 4.2 for the 8320 offered by a different carrier you could install. You probably won't notice any difference though. With all that said, personally, I would stay with what you have now.
    06-03-08 05:44 PM
    Thanks for the info, will UMA work in any version? i.e. is .194 ok to load on my 8320?
    06-03-08 05:58 PM
    Go for it.
    06-03-08 06:26 PM
    UMA doesn't work on the latest Beta 4.5.0.37
    06-03-08 08:17 PM
    Why upgrade to a newer version of 4.2.2.xxx when there will be no advantage over what you already have now and you could risk possibly losing the UMA feature?? Just wondering because it seems like the possible risks are higher than any possible gain in the situation...

I would recommend being patient and waiting, although it is tempting to want the latest and greatest OS for your BB... especially with the TMobile having UMA I would wait for the supported version of OS 4.5 to come out on TMobiles upgrade site so you are certain UMA will work
    06-03-08 09:37 PM
    Why upgrade to a newer version of 4.2.2.xxx when there will be no advantage over what you already have now and you could risk possibly losing the UMA feature?? Just wondering because it seems like the possible risks are higher than any possible gain in the situation...

I would recommend being patient and waiting, although it is tempting to want the latest and greatest OS for your BB... especially with the TMobile having UMA I would wait for the supported version of OS 4.5 to come out on TMobiles upgrade site so you are certain UMA will work
    My experience upgrading official releases have had benefits. You are right the overall function of the phone won't change much, but they are designed with little bug fixes and OS "tweaks"

I've never done an upgrade and lost the function of something that was already working, so I don't think that's a real worry. And when I went from OS .170 to OS.194 I gained about 4 additional meg of memory.

Again, I'm talking official releases. You do not want to hear my 4.5 Beta horror stories
    06-03-08 09:56 PM
    My experience upgrading official releases have had benefits. You are right the overall function of the phone won't change much, but they are designed with little bug fixes and OS "tweaks"

I've never done an upgrade and lost the function of something that was already working, so I don't think that's a real worry. And when I went from OS .170 to OS.194 I gained about 4 additional meg of memory.

Again, I'm talking official releases. You do not want to hear my 4.5 Beta horror stories
    I was mainly referring to upgrading from an official release to a Beta release of any form. It just does not make sense for me, as the risk outweigh the benefits. I would rather be patient and wait for an official release. But I totally agree with you about upgrades being beneficial. If they weren't, then why would RIM release them? Ya know?
    06-04-08 08:43 AM
    I have a simple question. The newest BBOS for the Tmobile Curve is 4.2.2.180 on the Tmobile website, there are even newer versions of 4.2 and Im assuming even 4.3 has a final build as well. So, my question is if its possible if I can update my Curve beyond 4.2.2.180 AND still have UMA work for me. Is this possible? If so, whats the most recent final build that UMA works under. Any advice would be appreciated. I looked briefly but couldnt find this question specifically answered on here.

Thanks
    Since you have the T-mobile 8320, I would recommend 4.2.2.184. I found that after installing this OS a while back, I've had no memory leaks, held steady at about 26 megs of free memory, and my UMA works seamlessly and is more stable than 4.2.2.180 with any wireless network I've come across.
    Last edited by Andonnguyen; 06-04-08 at 09:05 AM.
    06-04-08 09:03 AM
    question what is uma
    06-24-08 01:16 AM
    Running 4.5.0.44 presently, did the update earlier. So far I love it! But ill give it a few days to track any memory leaks.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-24-08 01:22 AM
    question what is uma
    you have an 8320 and dont know what UMA is?!?!

UMA allows you to make/receive phone calls over wifi
    06-24-08 01:25 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD