I was just outside in the sun for a bit and my berry totally freaked and it is now turning off for no reason and only will turn on if i do a battery pull. then, it turns on and appears to be ok, except only the trackball is responsive, i can't hit any buttons, and then it will turn off again. help!
    07-18-09 06:33 PM
    Splash any water on or in it?
    07-18-09 06:40 PM
    hmmmm...actually ya i picked it up when my hands were kinda wet. barely any though. anything i can do to fix it or am i totally screwed?
    07-18-09 06:41 PM
    It takes only a well placed drop to fall into the phone and mess up the keyboard/trackball.

Take out the battery immediately, place in a ziploc bag of uncooked rice and seal the BB and battery in there for at least 24 hours, longer is better, if you have a backup phone.

The rice will absorb out the water/moisture in the BB.
    07-18-09 06:46 PM
    If the BB is less than 12 mos. old, you could probably take it back for an exchange. Don't tell them about the possible water damage. I doubt you got the phone wet enough to turn any water/moisture indicators color.

Just backup your BB using Desktop Manager.
    07-18-09 06:48 PM
    happened to mine i just wiped everything then it stopped that problem
    07-18-09 07:02 PM
    happened to mine i just wiped everything then it stopped that problem
    That only works if it's a software problem, this case sounds like a moisture/liquid in the keyboard area problem. It's totally different.
    07-18-09 07:05 PM
    i have the same problem but did not get it wet. i've tried to upload the newest OS software. 4.5 or 5.0.

i did drop from the cradle onto the seat and floor of my car. not a major impact. could that screw up the bb that easily?? probably not the first time i dropped the phone though!!
    08-23-09 06:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD