I've had my blackberry since may of last year and it has been working fine since then but this morning I found out that none of the keys were working. I haven't dropped it or exposed it to water or moisture so I do not know the cause of the problem. I have reset the phone three times now by pulling the battery while it was on but that hasn't worked. I have also tried loading a restore point through desktop manager but that hasn't worked either. Has anyone ever experienced this problem? I have looked through some older posts but none of them seem to relate. I don't want to pay the $230 replacement fee through RIM and it's definitely out of warranty...HELP
    10-28-09 07:30 PM
    Are you sure it hasn't been exposed to any type of moisture at all? Even leaving it in the shower or sweaty hands can cause this.
    10-28-09 07:37 PM
    Hmmmm....that's a good one.
    10-28-09 07:38 PM
    I'm almost positive it hasn't been exposed to moisture..Just normal wear and tear. Nothing out of the ordinary.
    10-28-09 07:40 PM
    I would reload the OS if it hasn't been exposed to any moisture at all.
    10-28-09 07:44 PM
    Sorry if this sounds dumb but should I use JL_Cmder to wipe my blackberry then reload the OS? I just downloaded the current OS from tmobile's website and tried just updating it but my phone is running the current version so it didn't do anything.
    10-28-09 08:09 PM
    Just finished wiping the phone and reloading the OS...Keys still unresponsive. Any other ideas?
    10-28-09 10:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD