I was out last night and beer got spilled on my Curve 8320. At the time when I pressed some buttons, it would write the adjacent letter as well, but now that problems gone. Right now the L and delete buttons aren't working, which is a lot more irritating than I thought it would be. I'm going to try and dry out tonight but I fear I've already done some permanent damage while trying to use it last night. Has anyone got any advice as to how to fix the problem? Oh and I'm pretty new to having Blackberrys so I may fail on pretty basic technical terms.
    11-06-10 03:19 PM
    Water+BlackBerry keypad is not a good combination

If you powered-on the device after it was exposed to the moisture, the damage is probably already done and permanent. The keypad contacts (which is where the damage is done) is part of the mainboard. Replacing the device is typically the next step required.

See this for more information.
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...ht-way-318876/
    11-06-10 04:05 PM
    Hey, thanks for the info.

The problem seemed to sort itself out for a while but now the L button keeps pressing! It's completely the opposite problem but 50x as annoying! Any ideas?
    11-15-10 06:59 AM
    Don't scold me if I'm throwing out a taboo idea, but possibly pull the battery, and spray all around your keyboard with CRC contact cleaner spray. It should be available at Radio Shack. Think it's in the $5-7 dollar range.

I use is to keep my trac ball working properly.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-15-10 11:23 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD