I just bought a Blackberry Curve 8320 today from T-Mobile attached to a Family Plan and unlimited family texting plan.

Came home and set up my wi-fi.

It went on google etc but when I click on to search, it said I needed a data plan to access the internet. How do I set up wi-fi correctly?

Also, AIM via wi-fi won't work. How do I get it to work? I do not have a Blackberry internet plan because I heard that the Curve has internet via wi-fi and you could go on AIM.

Please help! I would like to know before the 7 days are up to return the phone.

Thanks!
    11-30-08 04:25 PM
    Sorry, I'm pretty sure you need the data plan for IM apps and email.

Here's the link to the WiFi setup guide, good luck, but wifi won't be as good as having the BlackBerry plan.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/comp...ifi-how-47229/

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by exelant; 11-30-08 at 04:34 PM.
    11-30-08 04:27 PM
    The internet now works via wi-fi but AIM won't work.

It said this "service for this handheld not yet enabled"

Can AIM work on wi-fi or does it need a Blackberry internet plan?

Why does AIM work on the iTouch via wi-fi but not on a Blackberry?
    11-30-08 04:50 PM
    Aim can not work without the data plan. The itouch is not a phone so the feature aim will work on it becuase its made to work off wifi. The reason aim or a lot of other apps won't work thru aim. Is they don't want you to connected one minute, lose wifi to be charged a lot of money. I personally think if you want a smartphone to get the data plans so you will have the access to everything you want to do

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-30-08 07:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD