Hi,
    My dad is looking at getting a blackberry as a second phone for personal use for email and light use on a pay as you talk plan in the uk.
    He doesn't want to spend a lot I have been looking on ebay and am not sure which would be the best device to get out of an 8320 or an 8800.
    any ideas welcome!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-30-10 08:07 AM
    There's really not a whole lot of difference between the two, the only real thing different is the lack of a camera on the 8800, and the 8320 is WiFi capable. Other than that they share alot of the same hardware, such as screen size, memory, things like that. In my opinion the 8800 looks alot nicer, and has a nicer keyboard (every time I see someone with an 88xx series, it brings a smile to my face) but the lack of WiFi might be enough to make you want to go with the Curve.

If he doesn't care about a camera, and if he isn't going to use WiFi, then I'd go with the 8800. Just my thoughts on the matter... Either way you can't really go wrong.
    12-30-10 08:34 AM
    [QUOTE=elvin1983;5907142]There's really not a whole lot of difference between the two, the only real thing different is the lack of a camera on the 8800, and the 8320 is WiFi capable. Other than that they share alot of the same hardware, such as screen size, memory, things like that. In my opinion the 8800 looks alot nicer, and has a nicer keyboard (every time I see someone with an 88xx series, it brings a smile to my face) but the lack of WiFi might be enough to make you want to go with the Curve.

If he doesn't care about a camera, and if he isn't going to use WiFi, then I'd go with the 8800. Just my thoughts on the matter... Either way you can't really go wrong.[/QUOTE

thanks for that. I think there is an 88xx series with wifi so may look for one of them.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-31-10 12:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD