I have an Acura MDX. The car only detects the phone sporadically. I try to make it link up manually and it says "failed." "Discoverable" is set to yes. Any thing else I should try?
    02-24-09 05:03 PM
    keep ur berry-ditch the car! lol no jk! honestly, i would ck to see if you acura is compatible to a bb. the reason i ask this is-my father was buying a gsp for his suv-one of the key sell points was that it was capable of syncing with a cell phone.......well-wen he got the unit and coudlnt get his cell to be compatible, i did little research on compt and found only certain BRANDS of cell ph's were compat-and his was NOT on the list. just a suggestion maybe worth trying.
    02-24-09 06:08 PM
    If it works (fully) sporadically then the car and phone are compatible. You are probably looking at a simple problem in settings, or maybe a hardware problem.

It might be worth trying a different release of BB software - either upgrade or downgrade. A lot of the BB/car problems are due to bugs on both sides of the bluetooth link. You simply need software which has compatible bugs, and it is easier to flash the phone rather than the car.
    02-24-09 06:19 PM
    Take it to the dealership...show them what's happening. Get them to straighten it out...especially if you can show the phone works ok in another vehicle there on the lot.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-24-09 07:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD