My Curve 8310 has a 6GB card in it. I recently unplugged it from my computer and it went crazy, turning off and on but never completely boots. It gets to the AT&T sign and then restarts. This never ends. I took the memory card out and it works fine. What is happening?
    01-09-08 08:19 PM
    I was under the impression that a 4GB card was the largest the 8310 could handle. Maybe someone else could tell you for sure.
    01-10-08 08:44 AM
    It varies by OS...
    • BlackBerry Device Software 4.2.0 Up to 2GB
    • BlackBerry Device Software 4.2.1 Up to 4GB
    • BlackBerry Device Software 4.2.2 Up to 4GB
    • BlackBerry Device Software 4.3.0 Up to 8G
    01-10-08 08:46 AM
    There is not limitation. The day they make a card larger than 8GB is the day it will work. This according to the Blackberry web site.

I figured it out. I just reformatted my card and it works fine now with the 6GB.

Oh, by the way, if you put, say a 6GB, card in but it only shows 2GB. You need to repartition your card. I had this problem and that fixed it the size issue.
    01-10-08 11:26 AM
    I have the same problem but I am certain that the USB cable is NOT to blame.

I awoke (the alarm having failed) and found the device (on nightstand, not holstered) trying to boot. This lasted only 12 seconds, followed by a 10-second blackout (with the red light on for a few seconds during this blackout) Then it does the same thing ad infinitum.

The battery is OK - same results with the spare.

As for App Loader, it displays the device pin number during the 12-second attempted boot, then reverts to PIN UNKNOWN -- the whole time showing "None" as the device connected. So I put in the password and continue.

Apploader goes online to find the latest device software, erases the old (or so it claims) and installs the new. It gets odd during the part where it says "Awaiting device initialization." That's when the 12 second, intermittent boot cycle starts again, with XP bing-bonging as the device starts and stops its boot cycling and eventually I am informed, under "Reconnecting to JVM" --- "Unable to reconnect to the device during a multi-stage operation.

The only thing I can associate with the onset of my problem is the 2-day use of a non-BB holster, although it was designed, according to the packaging, for the Curve.
    05-20-09 11:40 AM
    That is a known failure mode, but it is simple to correct.

Unfortunately, correcting it may mean loss of data unless you have a current backup.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...ckberry-32322/
    05-20-09 11:56 AM
    Sorry! Wrong thread
    05-20-09 11:56 AM
    i tried for an hour and a half to get the os reload to work, i get a fatal error after hitting next when the usb is recognized i don't know where to go from here. worked great yesterday, unplugged the charger this morning and it never did anything again. any help in this matter would be very appreciated. i have very much information in there that will be lost. thanks again.
    01-01-10 12:14 AM
    Try & take out the battery
    01-01-10 09:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD