I upgraded my Curve 8310 to AT&T 4.5 last week. Yesterday it started spontaneously rebooting during phone calls.

Wend to AT&T service center and was told I should have removed my only third party application (Repligo) before upgrading the OS and then reloading it after the upgrade.

They did a complete master reset. I did a restore and then loaded Repligo.

Today the phone is again rebooting during phone calls.

Plenty of memory, battery pull doesn't help.

Anyone have any suggestions?

THanks.
    12-20-08 04:28 PM
    I upgraded my Curve 8310 to AT&T 4.5 last week. Yesterday it started spontaneously rebooting during phone calls.

Wend to AT&T service center and was told I should have removed my only third party application (Repligo) before upgrading the OS and then reloading it after the upgrade.

They did a complete master reset. I did a restore and then loaded Repligo.

Today the phone is again rebooting during phone calls.

Plenty of memory, battery pull doesn't help.

Anyone have any suggestions?

THanks.
    If you have Media Card in the phone, try removing it. If that works, either backup and re-format the card or connect it to a PC and delete every instance of BBThumbs.dat.

For more information, check this link http://forums.crackberry.com/f40/os-...ia-card-43159/
    12-20-08 05:10 PM
    Try Petes suggestion. Also, no worries but this is the 8900 forum. I know, theres so many. But theres plenty to learn the 83xx forum.
    12-20-08 05:17 PM
    Try Petes suggestion. Also, no worries but this is the 8900 forum. I know, theres so many. But theres plenty to learn the 83xx forum.
    I saw this after my post. Thanks CX
    12-20-08 05:20 PM
    The header says the forum is Curve 83xx. Sorry if i posted in the wrong place.

I do have a media card but there's nothing new on it. Nevertheless, will remove it and see what happens.

Thanks.
    12-20-08 08:02 PM
    The header says the forum is Curve 83xx. Sorry if i posted in the wrong place.

I do have a media card but there's nothing new on it. Nevertheless, will remove it and see what happens.

Thanks.
    No problem. CrackBerry is a big place and it is hard to get ot right every time let alone first time.

Please come back here if you need more helo.
    12-21-08 02:23 PM
    Follow-up to my original post. I removed the media card but the phone continues to spontaneously reboot during phone calls longer than 10 minutes. Still think this is a OS 4.5 bug because i never had this problem prior to the upgrade.
    01-14-09 10:44 PM
    Ive had the same problem ever since i upgraded to 4.5 and have tried all the suggestions mentioned and have tried every build. I have not tried a new battery yet, but the phone was perfect under the old os
    01-14-09 10:49 PM
    Follow-up to my original post. I removed the media card but the phone continues to spontaneously reboot during phone calls longer than 10 minutes. Still think this is a OS 4.5 bug because i never had this problem prior to the upgrade.
    After I upgraded the OS on my wife's 8310, the device started rebooting during phone calls as well. I think I may try to return to the old OS if that is possible.

Does anyone know how to revert back to the old OS? Is it possible? If so, how?
    01-14-09 11:59 PM
    After I upgraded the OS on my wife's 8310, the device started rebooting during phone calls as well. I think I may try to return to the old OS if that is possible.

Does anyone know how to revert back to the old OS? Is it possible? If so, how?
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/prop...ocedure-53359/

Use control panel's Add/Remove programs to completely remove the new OS files from your computer, then download and install the older version you want to roll back to. Wipe the BB using JL commander, then follow the instructions for how to recover from a nuked Berry to reload the old OS.
    Last edited by dvdfan2k; 01-15-09 at 12:21 AM.
    01-15-09 12:18 AM
    Ive had the same problem ever since i upgraded to 4.5 and have tried all the suggestions mentioned and have tried every build. I have not tried a new battery yet, but the phone was perfect under the old os
    The Media Card solution usually solves this one. However I am now on my 3rd 8310. The first two would not run any version of OS 4.5. I tried everything. I changed the battery, I used I hi-capacity battery, I removed the Media Card completely, I did vanilla installs, I did minimal installs and nothing worked. I always got the random re-boot syndrome.
    Eventually I put OS 4.2.2 back on them and they both worked perfectly and were completely stable so I sold them.

My current 8310 runs OS 4.5 perfectly. I regret to say that your phone may fall into the the same category as my first two and will not run OS 4.5 sucessfully.
    01-15-09 01:14 AM
    I am not sure if this makes any sense but her phone as been working fine for the past 18 hours without rebooting at all. Now the only thing different is she has not used the original leather pouch that came with the Curve. In other words, her device has not gone into stanbdby mode at all.
    Do anyone think this has something to do with it or is it just dumb luck?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-15-09 12:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD