So I went ahead and followed the instructions to wipe the device using

forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-wipe-jl_cmder-53502

everything seemed to be working great, exept that when I open the DM try to install the new os again after it does the installation (or so it seems) I get an error saying that it could not connect to the device and that I might need to put the password again. I've tried everything, looking in the forum and nothing, can anyone give me a hand please?
    04-30-09 01:14 AM
    What DM are you using, I hope it isn't 4.7

Also, what OS are you using on your PC?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-30-09 01:19 AM
    Yeah you are right, I am using 4.7, currently from windows vista.
    04-30-09 01:25 AM
    Go to Control Panel's Add/Remove Programs and Delete the DM 4.7 and download/install DM 4.6 from the blackberry website.

Get back to us when that is done.

04-30-09 01:28 AM
    REMOVE DM 4.7 and re-install 4.6, the 4.7 and our curves don't like each other...

Then let us know what happenes
    04-30-09 01:29 AM
    So I went ahead and followed the instructions to wipe the device using

forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-wipe-jl_cmder-53502

everything seemed to be working great, exept that when I open the DM try to install the new os again after it does the installation (or so it seems) I get an error saying that it could not connect to the device and that I might need to put the password again. I've tried everything, looking in the forum and nothing, can anyone give me a hand please?
    Sorry for your loss. I just did the same thing you did but with ATT on the phone and received the same results. They are sending me to a ATT store for a new Blackberry. Said mine is dead.
    04-30-09 01:52 AM
    ok, so I just installed the 4.6 what should I do next? when I try to get the app loader to load the OS there is nothing there.
    04-30-09 01:56 AM
    Close DM. Go to C:/Programs/Common Files/Research In Motion/Apploader.

If the vendor.xml file is there, delete it. Plug your BB into your computer then double click on the loader.exe file.

04-30-09 02:02 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD