This is my first post and also my first blackberry.

I have had this phone for a couple of days now. I am having problems with the phone powering off and rebooting. The battery is secure and fully charged. I don't have anything on the phone (app's, themes, etc) yet except my sync data.

It is annoying when you are halfway through typing a message and then everything goes dead, then you have to wait a couple of minutes for it to reboot again.

Has anybody had this problem or know of a fix.

Cheers
    03-15-08 11:44 AM
    You should return it being that it is just a few days old. Mightbe easier than trying to find a fix to the problem.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-15-08 01:17 PM
    I'm having a similar problem with my 8320. I've had it for a while now and it's been working fine up until the other day. I let the battery die out and now when I try to charge it, a picture of a battery with a big red line through it appears on the screen. I noticed the battery has water damage, (I don't know how long it's been that way). When I try to charge the phone, the red light doesn't come on. Do you think If I replace the battery it'll work again? What should I do?
    03-15-08 02:14 PM
    replace the battery
    03-15-08 02:37 PM
    I have taken the phone back and got a replacement and haven't seen a single reboot since. I have looked on a few other BB forums and this seems to be a common fault with the curve. Some reboot continuously, luckily mine mine wasn't that bad.

Thanks anyway.
    03-24-08 12:10 PM
    At least the problem occured early on so you were able to swap it out!!!
    03-24-08 12:43 PM
    Sounds like a warranty swap to me.
    03-24-08 06:18 PM
    You're lucky you got a warranty exchange. If this started after your warranty expired, you would have been left with a brick.

Well, now that you've got yours replaced, welcome to the forums and enjoy your new addiction. From now on, you won't be able to put the bb down.
    03-24-08 07:22 PM
    Glad you have a new berry. Welcome to CB

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-24-08 07:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD