Alright so I just got my BB curve 8310 a few days ago and let me start off by saying I'm not sure how i've made it through life without this thing. One problem that is making me antsy though it has this nasty habit of restarting itself without warning...for no apparent reason. Mine has done it three times now and my sisters has done it twice. Full battery every time, and the 3 times mine has done it I wasn't even touching it. Anyone got any suggestions?
    03-18-08 08:45 PM
    Have you added anything to it? Apps? Themes? Games?
    03-18-08 08:53 PM
    the only apps I have added to it are the gmail and facebook apps. I've put some music and pictures on my media card as well, but other than that it is stock. My sisters is completely stock though and hers is doing it as well.
    03-18-08 09:08 PM
    I ordered two Curves (AT&T 8310) from Amazon and got them a couple of weeks ago. My wife's worked great, but mine had the dreaded random reboots. The first few times it did it were straight out of the box, and everything I altered later on my blackberry (apps, taking off stuff, etc.) I did to my wife's through the same desktop manager.

I called Amazon and got a replacement. I received my new Curve last Friday and not one single reboot (again installing/removing the same programs that were still on my wife's phone through desktop manager).

I hesitated at first to get the replacement, because it worked well most of the time, but am so glad I did now. I suggest you bite the bullet and get the replacement as well. Good luck.
    03-18-08 09:19 PM
    When in doubt, call your service provider or replace under warranty.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-18-08 09:26 PM
    Just bought an unlocked Blackberry 8310 on eBay. I love it. The seller offers a 45-day warranty.

My issue is that the phone randomly shuts down during calls or using some apps! Anybody has an idea about what should be done to make it work? Do you think it's a software or hardware problem?

I'm really annoyed by that.

Thanks for your help.
    04-13-08 04:25 AM
    If still under warranty, replace it !..why keep worrying unncecessarily, when you can have peace of mind.
    04-13-08 11:41 AM
    please can someone help me, on my home screen, the red star alert for emails and sms only shows up by the 'messages' icon not by the email or sms...it did work for a while which was useful so i knew whether i had an email or sms, is there anyone who knows how to set it back again, not sure why it changed! thanks (blackberry 8310 curve)
    04-13-08 12:00 PM
    I'm having the same problem myself. And I'm now on the replacement one. If you get an answer let me know what they say to do. I'm sick of dealing with tech. They wanna charge an arm, leg, and your first born child. Greedy f***ers that they are. Lol
    Boatman42057

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-13-08 01:14 PM
    Received my Curve 8310 Saturday... Reboots anywhere from every 10 min. to every 10 sec. I called 611 and they are sending me a new one. Once I mentioned spontanious reboots they didn't ask any more questions. The new one should be here Wednesday. Wish me luck.
    04-28-08 02:17 PM
    Upgrade the software. It will fix. See the link in the forum. Also, it will fix the Voicesignal memory leak too
    04-28-08 08:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD