hey everyone not sure why my curve is doing this but figured i should ask someone who knows what they're talking about. My curve 8310 has just recently started to just shut off i'll be right in the middle of something and it'll just shut off even with a full charge and then when i take the battery out and pop it back in since thats the only way it'll turn back on it'll be on the hourglass part and just shut off again so i take the battery back out and pop it back in again and it'll finally turn back on but it'll say my battery is empty when it isn't. Is this a faulty battery or something wrong with my curve.

umm it has 16539408 bytes file free so i know it isn't a memory issue and i already reformatted my 4GB microSD card so it can't be corrupt as i had read that could possibly cause this issue. should i just call AT&T or is this just a faulty battery problem i've had this curve for around a year maybe longer so i'm not sure its still under warranty or not either

any help is appreciative thank you
    04-06-09 10:06 PM
    Has the phone gotten any moisture recently?

I say this because my ex-wife was complaining the other day that she had to pay full price to get a new one because she would always take it into the bathroom with her when she showered. I laughed ofcourse!
    04-06-09 10:15 PM
    It might be the battery. If you don't have any problems with your BB when it is plugged into the charger, then it is probably a battery issue.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-06-09 10:18 PM
    no it hasn't been in a moisture rich environment in quite some time. I used to work in a huge milk refrigerator at a dairy plant for about a year and quit that job three months ago now while i was there when i would go from the coldbox to the warm outside air the screen would really lightly condensate and i just wiped it off i don't think it ever got to the battery but i guess i could be wrong but why start acting up now instead of the whole time i was there last year?
    04-06-09 10:21 PM
    I had the same problem on my 8320. Tmobile sent me several replacement handsets but did not include a replacement battery, and each replacement handset had the same problem of resetting and freezing. The local Tmobile corporate store gave me a replacement battery and I have not had any resetting/freezing problems since installing the replacement battery.
    Edit/Delete Message
    04-06-09 10:26 PM
    The condensation happens inside the phone also. It takes a while for the contacts to corrode to the point where problems occur.

If it's less than a year old, you can get it replaced under warranty, if the moisture indicators are ok.

04-06-09 10:27 PM
    hmm well i guess i'll buy a new battery then like i said i just don't understand why it acts up now and not the whole last year. i've seen some people say they're on ebay for pretty cheap so i guess i'll look there
    04-06-09 10:28 PM
    If it is just the battery it's possible it has nothing at all to do with the moisture. Maybe the battery just decided to give you the finger.

I was having similar issues with mine, minus the battery warning, after it fell from about 3 inches onto concrete LOL a quick slam on the car dash and it's been ok for me lately

Hopefully it's just the Battery though, try calling customer care, they might give you a replacemnt

04-07-09 06:21 AM
    The condensation happens inside the phone also. It takes a while for the contacts to corrode to the point where problems occur.

If it's less than a year old, you can get it replaced under warranty, if the moisture indicators are ok.

That was my point exactly! If the screen showed condensation, then the battery and the internal device was effected.
    04-07-09 06:41 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD