hi there i have a B/N 8310, but withvodafone nz, so its missing gps and the browser, Wheredo i find another OS thats not of my carrier to put on it, or where are these hybrid ones ive been hearing about,

Thanks in advance
    08-15-09 09:46 PM
    Here is the latest OS for the 8310:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f52/new...nguage-247389/

Follow the directions in the first post to install it.

The hybrids are more cdma oriented because the OS builds for cdma devices (8330, 8330m) have been plagued with annoying problems and bugs.
    08-15-09 10:02 PM
    Here is the latest OS for the 8310:

Follow the directions in the first post to install it.

The hybrids are more cdma oriented because the OS builds for cdma devices (8330, 8330m) have been plagued with annoying problems and bugs.
    i installed that one wheni got my BB, and it still has the vodafone splash screen AND it has blocked off browser and gps(bloodyNZ) did i do sumthing wrong?
    08-15-09 10:07 PM
    You will always have the splash screen for your carrier upon startup, loading another carrier's OS will not change that.

Check with your carrier if GPS and Browser is possible with them. Normally, if you have a data/email plan with a carrier, then you just need to register the Host Routing Table (Options, Advanced Options, Host Routing Table, Menu, Register Now), and send your Service Books to have full browser capabilities.

To send Service Books to your device log-in or create and account here:

BlackBerry Internet Service
    08-15-09 10:15 PM
    It looks like you should be able to use your browser, if I am reading the following info correctly:

Internet Service - BlackBerry - Business - Vodafone NZ
    08-15-09 10:16 PM
    It looks like you should be able to use your browser, if I am reading the following info correctly:
    Yea but i want to
    unlock it from vodafone and go with another carrier we have in this country
    08-15-09 10:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD