ok so I'm new to the blackberry and I have a question about the maps and GPS, my phone has telenav which I think it is not yet downloaded into the device because when I click on it it says that it has to use the data and since i got internet pay per use i just cancel it, so even if i get that app (telenav) does the curve still have to access the internet to download data maps? or how exactly does that work? also when i go into advance options to refresh the GPS, there are no satellites (nada)!?!

Thanks in advance,
    lou
    08-20-08 08:53 PM

If you have internet pay per use you wil build up up a pretty high bill. Just pay 29.99 for unlimited. As for telenav you have to download it for you to use it. It uses data for everytime it downloads your location,searchs, etc.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-20-08 09:46 PM

If you have internet pay per use you wil build up up a pretty high bill. Just pay 29.99 for unlimited. As for telenav you have to download it for you to use it. It uses data for everytime it downloads your location,searches, etc.

08-20-08 09:47 PM
    I'm not sure, but I also think there is a one time fee for TelNav. If you decide to get a data plan, just use the Google Maps app or LiveSearch. Both are free to use beyond any data charges. If you don't have a data plan, stay away from using any GPS prog. Every map refresh while in motion will rack up your bill pretty quickly.

08-20-08 10:20 PM
    With that said I guess my next bill is going to be sky high, I just downloaded telenav from the link they provide in the curve 8310 from AT&T, thank you guys for all the information. Just one more question, what about not having any satellites!?
    08-21-08 08:49 PM
    It's pretty hard not to get sat reception if you have a decent view of the sky. The GPS system has something like 24 sats in use and your device only needs access to 3 to triangulate your position. If your device says you don't have sat reception, just make sure GPS is enabled in your device settings and give it a minute or two to sync up outside or through a window.

08-21-08 09:57 PM
    Thanks ckeane, I will get on the top of my roof see if I get any signal...
    08-21-08 10:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD