Hoping someone can provide emergency help. I have a Blackberry 8310. This morning, I brought up the Blackberry Media manager and attempted to do an "Update" on the software available.

During the update... after quite a bit had been completed, the software hung during a "Connect to device" process. Since this time, I cannot get the Curve to start... now will it power off. The only way to get it off is to take the battery out.

Putting the battery in and attempting to start results in either:
    1) hang at AT&T symbol
    2) Hang during verify of security code
    3) A message asking if I want to turn on Mass Storage Mode appears, but does not respond to a "yes" or "no" response

Help... Any suggestions on resetting and getting the device back?

Thanks.
    01-09-09 06:44 AM
    Did you interupt the upgrade?
    01-09-09 06:50 AM
    Only after it froze during the update.
    01-09-09 07:02 AM
    Oh dear, that part *connecting to device* can take up to 45 mins to an hour,

I would suggest reinstalling the OS..
    01-09-09 07:03 AM
    I thought I had waited long enough and that it was hung. Perhaps I did not. Any suggestions on how to get it back?
    01-09-09 07:09 AM
    First, use JL_CMDR to wipe it, then reload.. do a few searches.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f2/how-...l_cmder-53502/

Then go ahead and and reload, but remember, it can a while, do not unplug, DM will tell you when its done, or if there is an error.

Take a look at this too

http://forums.crackberry.com/f95/pro...ocedure-53359/
    01-09-09 07:10 AM
    rachel0179.... THANKS for the advice. I spent an hour on another phone line with the help desk... They were totally unable to comprehend that my Curve was frozen at a point where you couldn't get the Media Manager to talk to it. I saw your post come across and downloaded JL_CMDR. Through it, I was able to get the Curve back to a point that Media Manager could then reload the phone. Thanks again for the awesome help. You rock!
    01-10-09 09:22 AM
    Rachel is good at upgrades...
    01-10-09 09:26 AM
    Your welcome
    01-10-09 09:39 AM
    I had the same problem when upgrading, the device initialisation process must have taken 20 minutes or more. I very nearly disconnected but managed to resist! I have to say thought that it was a total waste of time, I can't see any difference whatsoever to either the operating system or any of the applications. Considering it took so long download it is a huge disapointment. I wouldn't recommend anyone even bothering
    06-25-09 08:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD