CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    2464E278
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Curve 8310 freeze up

I've had my curve for almost 2 months now. At first, I noticed that if I took pictures and deleted them to take others (different angle, better lighting, whatever) too "quickly", everything freezes up and takes about 5 minutes to go back to "normal".
    Now, the past few days, I'm noticing that when I'm playing BrickBreaker (yes, I'm addicted to that too), the ball is "skipping and freezing up" sporadically.
    When I get an email or a BBM message close together, I can't open up one until the other one is "finished" delivering.
    MMS messages take FOREVER to send. I wanted to send a picture of my Yorkie to my daughter and it took fully 15 minutes to deliver it to her.
    Is any of this "normal" for the Curve 8310? Do I just put up with it? Is there a way to fix it? I do have the extra warranty on it for damage or defect, or whatever, but seeing as I just applied the InvisibleShield, I'm not keen on the idea of peeling it off to replace my phone.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated, and my apologies if this is a duplicate of someone else's thread. I did search, but I'm tired and may not have been paying close enough attention.
    Anyone can fall out of an airplane; Skydivers just do it right.
  2. mofomikemunoz

I suspect your Berry is memory choked........make certain you are exiting out of your apps through the menu........and careful of 3rd party apps/widgets........they can be memory robbers as well......also, have you done a battery pull? How bout SMS messages and the like? Do you delete those as well? I would do a battery pull after reviewing the above.......and also check to see what your file free is.........if it is much under 12 meg - your Berry is drowning...........lemme know if I can help further...

Also, (more stuff - sorry)...if you have poor signal strength your BB will often choke on processing text messages and/or emails....
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    2464E278
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

I've done the battery pull, and the only "extra" goodies I have on there is Google Maps, Yahoo Messenger,and Viggo.
    I delete my text messages as soon as I respond to them (unless they're important, which is rare), and I delete my call log.
    It seems to be a bit faster, and I will keep track of it. Thank you for the suggestions. I might just hit you up again if it continues.
    Anyone can fall out of an airplane; Skydivers just do it right.