Hi guys,

This Curve is my first BlackBerry! I've read the other threads on this site with regards to this same problem, "The blackberry desktop software does not have blackberry device software for the devive that you have connected to the computer."

Also, when you click "Add", it give the error message "No additional applications designed for your device were found"

From reading on the site here, I have come to the conclusion that you need to not only have the dekstop manager, but device software for the desktop manager? Where can I download this device software for the desktop manager for a Roger's Curve 8310?

I went here: na.blackberry. com/eng/support/downloads/download_sites.jsp
    and then I clicked on the Rogers link, and I am downloading this
    "Software For BlackBerry Curve 8300 (TM)

BlackBerry Handheld Software v4.2.2.192 (Multilanguage)

Package Version: 4.2.2.192
    Consisting of:
    Applications: 4.2.2.89
    Software Platform: 2.4.0.42
    File name: 8300EFIGS_Dutch_PBr4.2.2_rel192_PL2.4.0.42_A4.2.2. 89_Rogers.exe
    File size: 71.98MB "

I think I already installed something similar to this from Roger's site, but it didn't work. This is so frustrating! Any other ideas?

Thanks,

Justin.
    10-21-07 03:20 AM
    Can anyone help?
    10-22-07 01:34 AM
    You are installing wrong software. You have 8310 not 8300. First uninstall software you have and install right one...

Here is link for latest. First backup all data and delete vendor.xml...
    10-22-07 02:37 AM
    I got it to eventually work, I uninstalled and reinstalled. I still have the problems when it says "no additional applications" when I try and put on a new theme.
    10-25-07 02:03 AM
    You have to download the latest version, it must work!
    10-01-08 02:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD