I have been reading crackberry posts for over two years/three bberrys now and finally just registered today. I have learned so much on this site and would like to be impressed once again. I have had the 8310 for AT&t for about a month now and am blown away by the phone's audio capabilities.

I normally listen to music w/ an Ipod via Imuffs wireless earphones. The audio quality is decent w/ the ipod...imuffs are basically useless for bluetooth phone capabilities, which is how i used them with the pearl. I actually read a post on here that let me listen to music on the pearl through mono..obviously terrible.

I finally synched the imuffs to the curve and the audio quality is 5x better than the ipod. I checked with the stock headphones included with the curve too and am a firm believer that the curve is a better mp3 player than the ipod hands down (using the audioboost function). Unfortunately, I stepped up the imuffs literally as I disabled the first bluetooth connection I made.

I hate wires, love the curve, and need some help from anyone out there who feels the same as me (which i am sure there are plenty). What are the best BT 2.0 stereo headsets/headphones that you have seen out there? I saw Jabra makes a hybrid-mono headpiece/stereo headphones. I am a little suspect about a non-noice cancelling earpiece, but if the sets music capabilites are good then i'd buy. Has anyone tries them. Are there currently any others on the market that have dual-functioning capabilities?

Second, what is the best media player for the curve. I downloaded flipside, which I have mixed feelings about. I liked the playlist function, but could not control the player wirelessly from my headset. Are there any other names out there, either full functiong media players or audio players, that anyone can suggest? Please let me know...I will add to this thread as I do more homework too. Thanks
    01-12-08 11:25 PM
    I was thinking of picking up the Plantronics Voyager 855. It is a mono/stereo headset. Went to the Plantronics website and checked it out. Looks pretty nice. Co-workers have told me Plantronics makes a good product. Went to cnet.com and it gave it a good review as well.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-12-08 11:58 PM
    is it noise cancelling?
    01-13-08 12:05 AM
    if you dont have one yet check out the jabra 8010 bt bstereo set , muie nice.
    04-29-08 08:32 PM
    I bought the Jabra 8040 for exactly the same reason and am SERIOUSLY disappointed. The music quality is great (though not controllable through the headset), but the call quality is wretched. According to the poor saps on the other end, I sound like I'm talking through a pillow. The only way I can be clear is if I hold the headset to my mouth, which is what I need to do if I want my voicemails to be understood. Not so good for conversation, however. I can hear them fine, but they can't hear me.

I downloaded the firmware on the website and it improved the performance nominally, but not enough to warrant the constant frustration.

I gave it to my husband to use with his RAZR and it's fine, so it's not the headset.
    10-11-08 11:42 AM
    The 8010 has noise-canceling ability. It's not a Jawbone, but it's pretty good.
    12-24-08 02:05 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD