Okay,

so a while back i had some liquid spill on my trusty curve and, as a result, my red power/end call button doesn't work. it gives a good click but the input is just not recognized at all. not the biggest problem, phone still functional other than the fact that i have to wait for others to hang up or scroll and do it (which turns out bad half the time, since my 2 year old trackball can spurt sometimes and I miss).

The other issue is, with no power button, I'm not allowed to let my phone die. thankfully the berry nevvvvver dies, just goes into no radio mode. However, I cannot do a battery pull, which we all know to be the first line of defense for any berry issue. Herein lies my major problem.

Just last night my camera started doing the "Could not open...try closing applications" bit. That is disappointing...I mean, I guess I don't neeeed to take pictures, but I'd like to. But, if this is the last thing to go, I guess I can deal. My real question is, what are the chances more functionality could go in the coming weeks, months?

Just wondering if anyone has experienced anything similar that could help. I'd especially know if anyone has found a way to turn on a berry WITHOUT the power button. I can't so much experiment with my own, since I can only afford one bad experiment.

all input / advice appreciated!!
    03-08-09 03:18 PM
    The camera error could be one of two things. OS is corrupt - reinstall OS, or the camera is defective. Water does funny things and you may not experience all damage all at once. Over time it can take its toll.
    03-08-09 03:23 PM
    Time for a Bold? : )
    03-08-09 03:35 PM
    mmm these are the things I was afraid of.

also, i did upgrade the OS after the liquid incident but before the camera problem began...it is indeed time for a bold, but hopefully the curve can hold out until the economy fixes itself!
    03-09-09 11:30 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD