hi all!
    I have a BB 8300 curve.
    yestreday I have accepted the desktop manager request to upgrade my software which caused a mess and my BB was off.
    I downloaded version 6 and my BB came to life....that was scarry....!
    Now the problem is that I nead a multy language version since I use the hebrew language in Israel.
    I have found in BB site that the right verion to use in Israel is as follows:
    Software Download for Cellcom Wireless Israel: 4.5 versions

My concern is since my BB is now using version 6; the downgrade to version 4.5 will cause my BB serious damages. (I have read that you must not downgrade your BB operating system).

I will be happy to hear a professional advise on this.
    Thanks!
    09-05-10 04:05 PM
    I think that version 6 refers to the BB software on your computer not on your phone. The highest version for the BB phone itself is 5.0.0.438 and depending on where you got your phone and when it may only have 4.5 in it anyway.

The desktop software and the software in your phone are 2 different things.
    09-05-10 04:26 PM
    I think that version 6 refers to the BB software on your computer not on your phone. The highest version for the BB phone itself is 5.0.0.438 and depending on where you got your phone and when it may only have 4.5 in it anyway.

The desktop software and the software in your phone are 2 different things.
    Yes, and rolling back to a earlier version is simple, for the BB and desktop manager both. I wouldn't worry about causing any damage. I have a test blackberry curve 8330 that i abuse and try all kinds of experiments on and I have yet to do anything to it that cant be easily fixed.
    09-05-10 07:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD