I've got two symbols at the top of my screen which I don't quite understand. Just to the right of the envelop symbol, there's:
    (1) a rectangle shape with a white outline, and a white dot in the rectangle, and
    (2) a circular shape, with a red star in the upper half (against a background upper half), and a dark lower half.
    -> Any ideas what these symbols mean?
    05-22-08 11:25 AM
    Not by your description, but the user manual and quick start guides have descriptions of most symbols. You can download the user manual from the RIM/BB web site.
    05-22-08 08:38 PM
    I've got two symbols at the top of my screen which I don't quite understand. Just to the right of the envelop symbol, there's:
    (1) a rectangle shape with a white outline, and a white dot in the rectangle, and
    (2) a circular shape, with a red star in the upper half (against a background upper half), and a dark lower half.
    -> Any ideas what these symbols mean?
    Found here at the CrackBerry under Tips, how to & FAQ.
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/what...on-mean-31616/

Welcome to the Crack!
    05-22-08 08:42 PM
    Hi CuriousUserInCA
    I found the answer in the BB user support forum on the BB website (I got the same symbol myself today and wanted to find out what it was)
    "You have two applications in AppWorld which are calling for an upgrade. Check App World > My World.
    And on your BlackBerry, in your main messages list, clear those messages related to App World."
    I tried it and it is indeed the answer.
    Kudos to JSander over on the BB site.
    10-05-09 07:01 AM
    Curious symbols as user at right top of screen and screen also locked. how do i unlock the screen in blackberry priv
    02-22-16 11:03 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD