So now that I made one little change and dyed my trackball - not so much a virgin anymore - if I changed the housing and keyboard would a different keyboard be more quiet when typing? I L-O-V-E my Curve, but just wondering if it would be less creaky.

Thanks.
    02-20-09 03:12 PM
    For a while but once u break the keys in they will start to make a little noise again..

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-20-09 03:14 PM
    My understanding is that you can turn the keyboard sound off. I looked at the manual at BB.com for your device and it looks like you can turn it off by doing the following: In Device Options > Click Screen/Keyboard > Set Key Tone to Off > then menu and save.

I would check that the key tone is off and try that before getting a new housing and/or keyboard. I saw someone on the board today that is uncomfortable with a new keyboard they just installed.

Just an idea,

~Jazzi~

02-20-09 03:21 PM
    A friend of mine changed his keyboard 2 weeks ago and it was an OEM keyboard as far as I know, after it was changed I noticed no difference with typing - sound or otherwise. Good luck.
    02-20-09 03:29 PM
    I got a purple housing from gsm4world on ebay. Replaced my silver keyboard with the black keyboard that came with the housing and it is just as noisy.
    02-20-09 08:44 PM
    Ok, thanks for the replies....looks like I won't be rushing off to replace the keyboard.
    02-21-09 12:16 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD