Hey all,

I just got my 8330 yesterday.. formerly treo 600 user for 3 years. I finally made the switch to BB from Palm.. so far it has performed beyond my expectations.. just one issue...What is the crosshair indicator on the top left hand side of the screen and what is it for? and how do i turn it off??

thanks,
    La
    05-09-08 05:55 PM
    The crosshair means you have your GPS set to "Location On."

If you are using navigation or map programs, such as VZ Navigator, Gmaps, etc., you want it on all the time.
    05-09-08 06:12 PM
    Rici Thanks for the clarification,
    Is there a way for me to turn it off when i'm not using gps.. i believe it would give me more battery life if i had it turned off. reason is because i already own a gps unit and wouldn't need to use the one on the phone..

thanks,
    La
    05-09-08 06:15 PM
    Options>Advanced Options>GPS>GPS Services>Change to 911 only

I think that should do it.
    05-09-08 06:31 PM
    Or not, lol. There should be a "location off" option too but it's not there.

You should be able to turn off GPS tracking all together too but I can't figure it out.

Maybe someone can answer this cause I'm stumped now too!
    05-09-08 06:52 PM
    You can't remove the icon. Your only choices are 'Location On' and '911 Only.' The cross-hairs alone denote '911 Only.' The cross-hairs with a dot and two curved lines to represent radio waves denotes 'Location On.' So the cross-hairs alone is the OFF setting, at least, as off as you can get. You will see reduced battery life with the 'Location On' setting. I use an external GPS and have not found any reason to use 'Location On.'
    05-09-08 07:16 PM
    Thanks much for the Replies...
    05-12-08 12:21 PM
    I always wondered what that was too. My friend has a Storm also but her crosshairs had the lines next to it, I thought something was wrong with mine, hehe
    02-22-09 07:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD