When I create a new group and then click on add member it won't let me add a new member unless its from a contact already in my phone. Why won't it let me add it manually. Also im just trying to add contact list or distribution list that i have and use at work. Is it really neccesary for me to enter all the email addresses manual into my phone as a new contact and then add them to my group on my blackberry.

I have some distribution list at work that i use regularly that range from 11 email address to over 150. So as you can see entering all them in manually is crazy.
    09-18-09 11:04 AM
    A group can only be created from existing address book entries. So that is the expected behavior.

The typical way to populate your BlackBerry address book is to use Desktop Manager. This works with Outlook. Or you could sync your desktop address to Google and then use Google Sync to sync the device to Google. From then on, you can set it up so changes are pushed in both directions. I don't know about groups, though - I am on BES and desktop groups are not pushed to the device or vice versa.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-18-09 01:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD