OK, I'm going to try and make this as clear as possible, because even I don't fully understand what's going on: Not to long ago, for seemingly no reason, my bbm started getting screwy when I left the house. I was unable to send or receive messages and would say that the contact is unreachable, sometimes they'd get the message, sometimes not. Once I got home, and my phone connected to my wireless router, a back log of messages come at my phone at once and the bbm is back to normal.

After that I started to notice that I was having problems receiving e-mails outside of my house, too; I could send e-mails but could not receive any until my phone connected to a WiFi network. I've tried fiddling with everything from my signals settings to checking if I'm on a blackberry enterprise server (I don't even know what that is) and nothing seems to work.

Can anybody help?
    08-20-08 01:28 AM
    Look under Manage Connections, Mobile Network Options and under connection preference make sure it's set to either wi-fi preferred or mobile network preferred. You might have it set to wifi only.
    08-20-08 01:47 AM
    To me it sounds like your coverage is bad. The data doesn't work very well if you only get 2 or 3 bars. When u are on WiFi everything works good because the signal is better.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-20-08 03:24 AM
    Welcome to CrackBerry.

Check out our Wifi Guide, it will step you through everything you need to know in order to set up Wifi / UMA connections.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/comp...ifi-how-47229/
    08-20-08 11:04 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD