Hello,

I just upgraded to OS 4.05 and I am now having some issues that may or may not be caused by the upgrade.

Frist of all, I cannot import my phone book from my SIM Card. WHen I try to it says that there are no records, even though there were definitely contacts on my SIM beofre I upgraded.

Second, I have the MySpace application, and after the upgrade, the icon is not showing up. I checked and the program is on my phone, as it is in the applications list, but I cannot see the icon or use it.

Please help if you know how to solve either of these problems.

Thanks!
    12-01-08 01:03 PM
    Restore your contacts from a back up. Delete and reinstall MySpace.
    12-01-08 01:05 PM
    I'm with pltaylor, a restore from back up should resolve your contacts problem.

You could check to make sure the myspace icon hasn't become hidden. Try pressing the menu button and selecting " show all". If no luck then pltaylor's instructions should have you sorted out.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-01-08 01:10 PM
    how do I go about restore my contacts? I did backup my phone, just as the thread on upgrading says to. Now how do I just restore my contacts?
    12-01-08 01:37 PM
    bump.

can anyone tell me how to restore just my contacts?

Thanks!
    12-01-08 04:05 PM
    by the way...i tried deleting and reinstalling the myspace app and it is still not showing up, and it is not hidden. what is the deal?
    12-01-08 04:18 PM
    Sorry for the delay in replying. I'm going from memory as I don't have desktop manager or pc in front of me. Hook your BB up and open Desktop Manager. Select Backup/Restore and choose Restore. From here you should be able to choose Advanced and do a selective restore ( for example your address book only). You should then be prompted to choose the backup file you want to restore from, it will be a *ipd file , probably best to choose the most recent date.

In relation to your myspace issue I wonder if there is a compatabilty problem with 4.5. I'm sorry I have never used the app so can't comment.

12-01-08 04:55 PM
    I've never tried to restore just one database. Generally you want everything back. Restoring the entire backup file won't affect your new OS, if that's your concern.

You can download ABC Amber BlackBerry Convertor which lets you extract individual files from a backup. You should be able to extract the contacts database and import it into Outlook, then sync back to your BlackBerry.
    12-01-08 04:59 PM
    I had exactly the same issue with the icon for BB Maps disappearing after I upgraded to 4.5

Jeff suggested there was a module missing (ribbon module, I think) and I checked and he was right. I don't know if this is the cause of your problem though, and I never resolved mine - I ended up deleting it because it was taking up valuable memory and I couldn't even use it.

Apparently the ribbon module was responsible for supplying the icon, and it was missing.
    12-01-08 06:01 PM
    awesome. i restored the backup files(everything) and it updated everything i needed. thank you guys for your help with that.

on the myspace issue...does anyone know how to download the ribbon module for the myspace app so that it doesnt appear hidden anymore.
    12-01-08 08:49 PM
    Excellent, I'm glad you got your address book back. Hopefully someone else may offer some help with the myspace issue.

12-02-08 01:26 AM
    It really might be easier to. Delete it and reinstall it. Options-advanced options, highlight the app, press the menu key and select delete. Allow restart, then go to BlackBerry mobile and get a new copy

http://mobile.blackberry.com/redirec...externalLink=1

12-02-08 02:11 AM
    I am sorry, I just reread the thread and see you did try to delete and reinstall. Try to plug back in to DM, start apploader, add remove applications, look down the list for My Space and put a check in the box next to it, and then click next to reinstall it.

Then send service books and register your device:

Send Service Books: Click your internet email icon (the envelope with a gear in front of it)> click service books> click send service books, or log onto your provider's website and send them from there.

Register Device: Click options> click advanced options> roll down and click host routing table> press your menu key> select register now> click back and close.

12-02-08 02:21 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD