Couple questions that I couldn't find as I serached thru this forum. I just traded in the Storm after one week for the Curve but still had some questions:

1) I had apps that I purchased from this site for my Storm but they couldn't transfer to my Curve. Am I stuck buying them again, even though I just purchased them last week.

2) Is there a keypad display that shows the letters that coincide with the number pad? for example, if I have to dial 800- COMCAST I don't know the letters/numbers etc.

3) The lights behind the keypad go off at a certain time, is there a way for them to stay lit longer?

4) Display goes black when I'm on the phone, can it stay dimly lit?

Thanks in advance.
    02-02-09 10:25 PM
    1) You're stuck having to buy them again for your Curve!

2) This link should help you: http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...best-buy-8635/

3) Go to Options>>Screen/Keyboard>>Backlight Timeout, change it to whatever you prefer.

4) As far as I know, this is not possible! Could be wrong though.

Hope this helps and welcome to thhe addiction!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-02-09 10:33 PM
    1. Contact the vendor. If the app is compatible, they may transfer your license. It varies between vendors.

2. Press the Alt-key and type the letter. If that's not clear, look in the How To and Faq forum for "How to dial 1 800 BESTBUY"

3. Not with the native software. You can download the free app BBLight.

4. Same answer as #3.
    02-02-09 10:34 PM
    Great! Thanks so much. Now one more...is there an "off" button, like I had on my Treos? For example, when I'm done with the phone, rather than setting it down and the phone light going off in 10 seconds or so, just to be able to turn it off would be good.
    02-02-09 10:44 PM
    There is of a sort. If you press and hold the button on the top of your phone, it will put it into Standby mode and immediately turn the backlight off.

02-02-09 10:47 PM
    You don't usually want to turn a BlackBerry off, because that stops you from getting email. But there's a power button on top if you really want to push it.
    02-02-09 10:48 PM
    Will the phone still alert me when a call, text or email comes through?
    02-02-09 10:48 PM
    Also, I downloaded the Blackberry Manager and I think a backed up my contacts. But I tried to find a list of them on my computer and couldn't. On my old Treo all the contacts, addresses etc could be displayed; is it the same here?
    02-02-09 10:51 PM
    Welcome to crackberry glenn!
    02-02-09 11:03 PM
    Welcome to crackberry glenn!
    Hey thanks! I've been on this forum/site every nite for at least an hour since last week...
    02-02-09 11:05 PM
    To answer your question, if your phone is in standby you will still receive your texts and calls and alerts. If your phone is off, you will not.

02-02-09 11:38 PM
    how exactly do i put it into standby mode cant i just wait 30 seconds till the screen blacks out?
    02-02-09 11:42 PM
    how exactly do i put it into standby mode cant i just wait 30 seconds till the screen blacks out?
    Hold the Mute key (too button) for about a second to put it in Standby.

02-03-09 05:58 AM
    Welcome to CB. A good vendor should switch apps for you at no charge, of if some reasonable time period has elapsed since the purchase a small fee. I even got a cross platform discount for Agendus when I switched from my Clie to the Curve.
    02-03-09 06:19 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD