I did a search to find a shortcut to key lock the phone, and I came up with alt and enter. It worked the first few times, now it wont! Is there something I am doing wrong? Also can I move icons of apps Im not using into a folder like I could on my 8351i? I still think all these icons are confusing and I dont need to keep sifting through them to find the crap I need. Thanks
    07-21-09 02:55 PM
    1. Alt + Enter doesn't lock the phone. What you can do though, is turn off 'Dial/Call from Home Screen' and press 'K' and it'll lock your phone. Downside is to dial, you'll have to press the Send button first. Not a big deal. Or you can just put your phone into standby by holding the mute key at the top of the phone.

2. You can hit the options key and click 'Hide' to prevent the icons from showing up on your home screen. To see them again just press the Menu key and click on 'Show All'
    07-21-09 03:20 PM
    Or you can make a new folder and put all the icons you don't use in there. That's what I do

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-21-09 03:51 PM
    Or you can assign one of the conven keys to be lock

07-21-09 04:01 PM
    Assign it to a key. I think he just said that
    07-21-09 04:06 PM
    Or you can make a new folder and put all the icons you don't use in there. That's what I do

I could do that with the 8350i, but I created a new folder and the menu will not allow icons to be moved to a new folder. They are only allowed to be moved around.
    07-21-09 04:06 PM
    All the apps/icons should be able to be put in a new folder except "options" and "documents to go". Keep trying, : )

07-21-09 07:32 PM
    As the others said, simply create the new folder for "misc" and move them their.. perhaps you have them hidden, but visible and are attempting to move a greyed out icon?

If you want a key lock for antibutt dialling rather than security then simply press the mute key...
    07-22-09 07:21 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD