Hi all, this is my first post although I've been researching on this site for about a month now. I was waiting for the Bold, despite not knowing if I could even afford it, but after the news of the delay, I broke down. At&t dropped their price on the Curve from $150 to $99, so I caved and bought one finally.

I figure if/when the Bold comes out, I can always have my husband upgrade his old phone and give him my Curve. He wouldn't have a choice in the matter.

Now I just have to wait for it to arrive!
    08-23-08 10:45 AM
    Hi all, this is my first post although I've been researching on this site for about a month now. I was waiting for the Bold, despite not knowing if I could even afford it, but after the news of the delay, I broke down. At&t dropped their price on the Curve from $150 to $99, so I caved and bought one finally.

I figure if/when the Bold comes out, I can always have my husband upgrade his old phone and give him my Curve. He wouldn't have a choice in the matter.

Now I just have to wait for it to arrive!

I understand. The wait has been long and annoying. But thank God AT&T is taking their time and going to give consumers the best device possible.
    There is nothing wrong with the 8310, and it's a great device. If you need any help or have any questions just post and we'll get it answered. Also, my wife doesn't really like the Bold, but she loves the Javelin. So maybe do some research on it, although the Bold will probably be released before the Javelin, the Jav has quite a few better specs than that of the Bold. Welcome to CB.
    08-23-08 11:00 AM
    So... welcome! You'll enjoy it.

Now you have to let us know your thoughts after it arrives.
    08-23-08 11:01 AM
    Exactly. Welcome to CB!
    08-23-08 11:13 AM
    Welcome to CB!!!

The Bolds going to be major $$$$ from ATT probably even with the contract so its smart that you bought the 8310 its a great phone
    08-23-08 11:16 AM
    You sound a little bit like my wife...

Welcome to CB!!!
    08-23-08 11:27 AM
    You will be happy with the Curve.
    08-23-08 11:33 AM
    Welcome to CrackBerry.

The Bold is a new hardware platform but it still uses exactly the same software that is now available for the Curve.

If the 3G performance and the knock out performance of the Screen are not critical, the upgraded Curve is equal in all other respects.

Like the rest of us, I have been following the build up for Bold for a while now. Now that it is actually here, I know I can live quite comfortable without it.

The big factor is lack of 3G coverage where I will spend 98% of my time. What is important, is my quality of service and that is a concern when one bar is typical on most phones.

Passed on the Bold, decided to go with the Wifi Pearl. Unlimited national voice, 6 Gb with BIS and UMA to insure a high quality signal.... Sweet deal for $75 plus fees and taxes.
    08-23-08 11:36 AM
    i want the bold not because i need it, but because i like having the newest toy out! lol, if att ever decides to releas the new os, i'll probably feel better about not having a bold right out of the gate!

welcome to CB, you'll love it here!
    08-23-08 12:10 PM
    I bought a curve a couple weeks ago (I couldn't resist the temptation anymore), loved the idea of having email and internet all the time and the possibilities it allows.
    Later that week I heard that the Bold will be available on February on Claro's 3G network, I have an 18 month contract with my Curve, so I still have plenty of time left with it (which I don't mind cuz I love it)

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-23-08 12:34 PM
    Welcome to crackberry.
    08-23-08 12:34 PM
    that's weird.... the blackberry curve price here is only 50 bucks... and that's with a contract & att

my only gripe with mine is the lack of wifi....
    other then that enjoy your awesome device
    08-23-08 12:37 PM
    I agree about the wifi...I really wanted that. I heard that the 8320 may be coming to AT&T, but probably not for $99. I can't complain much, I've been using basic flip phones for years, so this is a huge upgrade!
    08-23-08 12:41 PM
    handsets must be expensive in the States, cos im getting an 8310 tomorrow and its free on contract - the Bold probably will be too when o2 get it in a couple of weeks
    08-23-08 12:41 PM
    Welcome to Crackberry. The curve is a wonderful device, so enjoy it and take good care of it .
    08-23-08 12:49 PM
    welcome!!! you'll love the curve
    08-23-08 12:51 PM
    Welcome to CB... the BOLD is out up here in Canada so it should be in at AT&T soon.

gotta love how the BBs seem to be getting released up here sooner than the states.. it's the only thing that we get before you.. lol. might be cuz rim is a Canadian company? or maybe you have higher standards/testing down there
    08-23-08 01:11 PM
    I'm in the same boat, was holding out for the Bold and sprung for the Curve on Friday . . .
    08-23-08 01:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD